DHC Unit 3 Cache Assisgnment help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Question DHC Unit 3 Cache Assisgnment help please

Hi, I am making my way thru the cache assignment and it's looking a bit (ok a lot) confusing.
    Ive done E4 Describe how the practitioner can work with other professionals. Just put that its good 2 communicate with other settings that children in your care attend and about sharing activity ideas with other childminders at drop ins is good for childminders and their mindees to interact. Kept it to around 125 words as set out my the tutor.
    Now im stuck on E10B Analyse the importance of working with other professionals in the interest of the child. Well i thought i had already answered that. This question also requires a higher word count. Please can someone explain to me what i should put for E10B and what do they mean by analyse

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DHC Unit 3 Cache Assisgnment help please

Hi Bumble Bee - Im also doing the Cache NVQ 3 and I find many of their questions very poorly written, to the point that I have to read them over and over and then ask someone else what they think it might mean!! They also seem to repeat the questions - even in the same set of questions. Due to this I have now ordered the Penny Tassioni handbook for the princely sum of £22!! Its alot, isnt it?!

Anyway - nothing useful to say, just thought I would say - you are not the only one left going... !!!

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not doing this but on reading I thought i would say what i thought it meant by what you have posted....

It sounds like the first one is just asking ways in which you can work with other professionals such as schools nurserys etc and the second is asking why its important to work with these other professionals ie what does the child gain from this.

I had thought of something else but dd has just come in from school and i have lost my train of thought. Will post later if i remember lol
    XX Jill XX

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

to put it simlpy the first question say what do you do the second say why do you do it

first is very facual i do this and i do that no need to say any thing about why till you anwser the second questtion
    which will go i do this and i do it because it does this for the child and that for the child and helps them to achive this and that

if you get what i mean.

i found it hard to start with but this is how my asseser explained the difrence to me and it worked for me

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: DHC Unit 3 Cache Assisgnment help please

I explained why you need to work with other professionals and the results that come out of working together. By working together you are meeting the Children's Act and Every Child Matters Outcomes, one of the key prinicples EYFS.

Working with other professionals ensures that all the pieces of the jigsaw fit together without any gaps - this is key is issues such as child protection - where it only takes one person to not speak up and then the links arnt made effectively.

Importance of working with other professionals such as speech therapists or physios - these links are essential to ensure a specific program is effective for a child. By working together faster progress may be made.

Always be aware that the most important professionals are the parents etc.

Just state facts of what you do for describe and explain in more depth with the pro and cons for the analyse.

Hope that helps abit!

Mar 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great. Thanks 4 the advice everyone

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdean View Post
    I explained why you need to work with other professionals and the results that come out of working together. By working together you are meeting the Children's Act and Every Child Matters Outcomes, one of the key prinicples EYFS.

Working with other professionals ensures that all the pieces of the jigsaw fit together without any gaps - this is key is issues such as child protection - where it only takes one person to not speak up and then the links arnt made effectively.

Importance of working with other professionals such as speech therapists or physios - these links are essential to ensure a specific program is effective for a child. By working together faster progress may be made.

Always be aware that the most important professionals are the parents etc.

Just state facts of what you do for describe and explain in more depth with the pro and cons for the analyse.

Hope that helps abit!

I agree and definately mention child protection and the common assessment framework, you could be working with health visitors, speech therapists, family support or social workers etc.

Nx