Two dogs!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Two dogs!

TheBTeam Guest

Default Two dogs!

Well I have gone completely mad, booked a holiday last year that I never ever would have dreamed I would do, joined a gym and lost weight, and now within four months have not one but two dogs, after saying no way for 20 years!!!!

My husband thinks I had a brain transplant last year and forgot to tell him

We now have Rolos half sister Ruby who is three months older and shares the same dad! Both doggies went off to be 'done' yesterday and are now proudly wearing their lampshades. Will try and put some piccies on (may need help to shrink them!)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad mad mad

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Blaze x

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

ah ive not got the goss as ive kept away from you know where (couldnt take the rubbish that they spout and the way they jump on your every word!)
    whats the story?
    How is Rolo?
    x
    p.s i always think of the cartoon with king rolo when i sepak to you about him
    What's for you, wont pass by you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did wonder whne I saw your FB yesterday. All I can say is YOU NUTTER

We are fostering a dog as well as having our own at the minute and OMG its chaos! And such hard work. I am at the end of my tether with it tbh and not sure how much longer I can cope with 2 so you are very brave

FEB 01
    Post Thanks / Like

:

My husband thinks I had a brain transplant last year and forgot to tell him

(may need help to shrink them!)[/QUOTE]

SHRINK WHO THE DOGS OR YOUR HUBBY,,,

IF IT WORKS PLEASE GIVE ME THE SECRET AS MY DAUGHTERS COULD DO WITH SHRINKING FOR A WHILE,,
    I WISH IN 2011 TO BE A SKINNY COW,,,,,,,,,,,, MY PICTURE,,,

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

what sort are they?
    One life live it

Post Thanks / Like

So what made you change your mind about the dogsbdid you have that transplant? Ha ha

Have fun

Angel xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

One can never have enough dogs! I very nearly 'suprised' hubby with a fourth dog the other day, but someone else beat me to it!

TheBTeam Guest

Angel, I have changed so much in the last few months, I dont really recognise me sometimes, I am much more prepared to just do what feels right at the time!

I changed my mind about the holiday and about so many different things, joined a gym, lost some weight, paying more attention to what i eat, and as for the dogs, I have come to the point that maybe I said no simply because it was a condition i had got myself into. I then used childminding as an excuse, and one day i just thought when asked, 'WHY', I know lot of childminders with dogs, and maybe i dont care enough too much about what we want as a family and times outside of childminding and was becoming a bit consumed with it.

I am not a massive dog fan of all dogs owned by everybody, I am getting better, but I have to say having Rolo in the house has changed me, he is such a cute fun dog, and now having his sister we have twice the love, it is a bit stressful sometimes getting our head around the logistics especially as it was very quick to get them off to the vets and now we have double lampshades to deal with and no proper walks, but the childminding kids love the dogs, some are even more happier to come here cos they love the dogs and one has even got a dog themselves.

I just think sometimes in life it is good to go with your heart and think of yourself for a change and let stuff sort itself out around it and i have reached the grand old age of nearly 45 before having the guts to do it!

(remind me of this if the dogs or kids start to do my head in, cos i have not figured out how to shrink them!)
    Ruby on the left 9 1/2 months, and Rolo on the right with white on his face 6 months
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheBTeam; 30-01-2011 at 10:26 AM.

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    One can never have enough dogs! I very nearly 'suprised' hubby with a fourth dog the other day, but someone else beat me to it!

How do you get on with minding and four dogs, do they live in the house etc?

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
    ah ive not got the goss as ive kept away from you know where (couldnt take the rubbish that they spout and the way they jump on your every word!)
    whats the story?
    How is Rolo?
    x
    p.s i always think of the cartoon with king rolo when i sepak to you about him
    Yes Rolo is great, recall is a bit iffy, but we are working on it. We took Ruby cos we were asking about pups later in the year, his first lot in April were too soon for us and if he had others from Rolos mum they would be september and we got to thinking that might be complicated with walking a new pup and a dog for how long they need etc. He then offered us Ruby who is a part trained gun dog, but such a sweetie that he thought she would make a fantastic pet and if he liked the way we were with Rolo when he met us again and could watch us with Rolo and the two dogs together he would let us have her. The other thing was her name is that of my dearest Nan who i was so close too, that it just feels like she found us. So now all going well come the summer we will have two dogs whose walking needs are more in tune with no puppy nipping/ housetraining etc to work through. Both great dogs, and so far they seem happy together and are teaching each other things.

Oh yes and boy did i get jumped on by one person in particular about getting another, like i was some kind of completely irresponsible lunatic who should not have one dog let alone two!

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the pics
    They are beautiful,

I have four dogs and I often babysit for freinds dogs so yesterday there were 6 here , which reminds me I must hoover the lounge floor where we all walked around the farm y'day I think there is almost as much mud inside as out.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that you have changed a lot

You seem really happy good for you

I will ask you if you still feel the same way in a few months

Have fun

Angel

Xx

TheBTeam Guest

[QUOTE=Trouble;860501]what sort are they?[/QUOT

English springer spaniels.

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    I am glad that you have changed a lot

Angel

Xx

Why did you not like me before!!!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    How do you get on with minding and four dogs, do they live in the house etc?
    We have a whippet who lives in the house, and border collies (live out, but one lives in the house at night as he's a bit old and senile and if left outside at night any more, has stated barking at monsters only he can see!)

Childminding wise, I think I am similar to Flora in that we are a farming family and are often outside with the dogs or horses. As a family we are a bit... erm... 'outdoorsy' so mindee's tend to end up that way too.

The Whippety Hound only comes out of her room when I don't have any under two's. I find the younger ones can be a bit grabby with her and, as she is THE most wonderful dog to have around children and I want her to stay that way!

I LOVE Springers - very jealous of your two, they are divine.

TheBTeam Guest

[QUOTE=
    I LOVE Springers - very jealous of your two, they are divine.[/QUOTE]

Thank you we think they are pretty cute too! I like most springers but these two in particular really appealed to us!

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

which one?
    pffft i had to walk away before i lost it with them! i cannot stand the way they generalise and make sweeping statements!
    glad rolo has his sister how fab!
    What's for you, wont pass by you