Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get VERY bored!!!

With childminding.

Normally I have a moan & when the weather is grim that I'm bored (stuck indoors) finding the more paperwork I do the less interested parents are etc

Better weather arrives & I'm usually saying "makes this job more easy-enjoyable"

But the better weather arrived this year & I'm fed up. I felt like it last year a bit too but thought it was a blip.

My kids are 14 & almost 16 & feel like I'm 'stuck here' all day then cook dinner at night & that's about it.

I have hobbies --- I swim in the morning before mindees arrive & when the weather is nice me & hubby play outdoor tennis & we have loads of friends & a good social life so I can't moan about never getting out. Just feel I've had enough & don't know what steps to take.
    When I'm not working & people talk about "babies/small children" I'm no longer thinking aaahhhh that's cute or bless them, I'm thinking so what or boring!!

HELP!!!!
    wow 2012 already

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Time for a career change perhaps. If the nice weather isn't lifting you up to enjoy it then Im not sure what will.

Hugs
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    With childminding.

Normally I have a moan & when the weather is grim that I'm bored (stuck indoors) finding the more paperwork I do the less interested parents are etc

Better weather arrives & I'm usually saying "makes this job more easy-enjoyable"

But the better weather arrived this year & I'm fed up. I felt like it last year a bit too but thought it was a blip.

My kids are 14 & almost 16 & feel like I'm 'stuck here' all day then cook dinner at night & that's about it.

I have hobbies --- I swim in the morning before mindees arrive & when the weather is nice me & hubby play outdoor tennis & we have loads of friends & a good social life so I can't moan about never getting out. Just feel I've had enough & don't know what steps to take.
    When I'm not working & people talk about "babies/small children" I'm no longer thinking aaahhhh that's cute or bless them, I'm thinking so what or boring!!

HELP!!!!
    Totally with you, im getting fed up too, but am looking forward to being off with my kids for the summer hols and if I worked elsewhere I wouldn't get that plus if I worked out of the home all day my poor dog wouldn't see anyone all day got a naughty 2yr old, 1yr old and 3yr old this afternoon and am not looking forward to it - esp as the 2yr old is here until 630pm - have decluttered the toy room today so anything out now he cant break but its constant watching and following him around when I have others here and he wont think twice and shoving the 1yr old over
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I quite often feel the same as this, I think it comes down to how I'm feeling that day is energy levels etc,some days are a real chore and I feel that I'm just going through the motions. My own two are older and I feel that sometimes looking after 3 little ones every day is yes quite boring sometimes, generally though I do love it but I definitely agree with you.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean, I still love the job especially in the sunny days but sometimes think there could be more to life. Having said that not sure I could go back to nursery or school work as i so enjoy being my own boss.

And I have to admit I avoid children like the plague when i'm not working. My own are 23 and 34 and the last thing i want to do out of work is be anywhere near children.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still new to childminding so still totally love what I'm doing but I think when I start to feel like you then ill just stop. Life's too short to do something that doesn't make you happy. (Hugs) xx

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

With respect when you have a mortgage and bills you can't just give up, at the end of the day its a job and not just something you do for fun. Mostly the jobs great just not all the time.

9. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Time for a career change perhaps. If the nice weather isn't lifting you up to enjoy it then Im not sure what will.

Hugs
    i agree. i wasn't feeling quite like you but I was aching to get out and work with other people again. Still in early years but working with others - i know for the last 9 years I have missed and craved that more than anything.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank guys.
    I can't just give up, cant afford my mortgage if I did, wish I could lol ;-)

I have been looking on job pages for reception/admin work or just something completely different to working with children. Hard to find anything as I know jobs are nt the easiest to come by at the moment.

I sometimes feel like im being ungrateful as im always busy with work & earning quite well.

Thanks for listening to my grumbles folks xx
    wow 2012 already

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew a time would come when I felt like this. I'm ok at the moment but only because my dd's are 2 and 8 and its a great job that fits in with them.

I have just completed my GCSE's again and done an early years degree in preparation for the time when I decide to move on.

I'm hoping to train as a primary school teacher as it has been a dream of mine since I was 6! (I'm now 36!)

Will be glad to work away from home and alongside others!

Please don't comment on how difficult it is being a teacher (even if you're tempted!) and how hard done by they are at the minute!
    Childminding is not easy either and I'm well aware of the role of a primary school teacher........a breeze in comparison
    No nappies
    No trashed home
    No one judging your every move when out and about
    No invoices to deal with
    A boss to pass the sh** on to!
    I could go on!

All of these, I appreciate, will be replaced by other things but my home will become my home again and not my workplace, full of a million toys, a selection of different buggies, car seats, spare clothes, plastic bowls, kids cutlery, bibs, nappies, potties, wipes, toilet seats and steps, various sized wellingtons, walls adorned with art and crafts and ceilings with dangling stuff etc......

Sorry OP hijacked post a bit there! But proves many if us feel the same as you x

13. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    Thank guys.
    I can't just give up, cant afford my mortgage if I did, wish I could lol ;-)

I have been looking on job pages for reception/admin work or just something completely different to working with children. Hard to find anything as I know jobs are nt the easiest to come by at the moment.

I sometimes feel like im being ungrateful as im always busy with work & earning quite well.

Thanks for listening to my grumbles folks xx
    are you not wanting to work with children directly at all? what about a job in a school office or similar hon? Or in the head office of a large nursery chain or children's centre office? good luck with your search. No job is worth it making you unhappy - no matter how much you earn. I'm going to be taking a pay drop this year to do what I want to do - then I hope it will start going up slowly after that.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emma04 View Post
    I knew a time would come when I felt like this. I'm ok at the moment but only because my dd's are 2 and 8 and its a great job that fits in with them.

I have just completed my GCSE's again and done an early years degree in preparation for the time when I decide to move on.

I'm hoping to train as a primary school teacher as it has been a dream of mine since I was 6! (I'm now 36!)

Will be glad to work away from home and alongside others!

Please don't comment on how difficult it is being a teacher (even if you're tempted!) and how hard done by they are at the minute!
    Childminding is not easy either and I'm well aware of the role of a primary school teacher........a breeze in comparison
    No nappies
    No trashed home
    No one judging your every move when out and about
    No invoices to deal with
    A boss to pass the sh** on to!
    I could go on!

All of these, I appreciate, will be replaced by other things but my home will become my home again and not my workplace, full of a million toys, a selection of different buggies, car seats, spare clothes, plastic bowls, kids cutlery, bibs, nappies, potties, wipes, toilet seats and steps, various sized wellingtons, walls adorned with art and crafts and ceilings with dangling stuff etc......

Sorry OP hijacked post a bit there! But proves many if us feel the same as you x

Lol that's ok

The bit about bibs, buggies, potties etc is one of my main points, my kids are young adults now & I still have rubbish like this cluttering up my home.

I've applied for a Job as school enrichment receptionist so it's just the being stuck at home alone with other people's lo's when mine have a key & come & go as they please. Not necessarily NOT working with kids/that environment.

I've also applied to work on reception of a private doctors / cosmetic clinic (Botox, fillers etc)

Waiting to hear from both but not holding my breath!!!

Thanks again xx
    wow 2012 already

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your applications!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

bless you, I took 6 months out from childminding and went into a nursery as the room leader 4 months in I hated it, and when I moved I knew I was going back into childminding!!

I found a new lease of life and in over a year of being "open" again have enjoyed everyday so far

Sometimes change isn't always brighter lol! My own children are 11 and 8 so I understand!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies, I have now applied for 4 jobs (all last week) so hoping something happens with them. If not ill keep looking. Went on holiday last week & both me, hubby & kids agreed its now time for a change!!

Ill keep you posted xx
    wow 2012 already