Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone else enjoying the day today?

Well, I woke up at 8am having had the coolest nights sleep and not waking up once because of the heat
    Looked outside and lots of cloud cover
    Opened all the windows and doors, lovely and cool inside
    Been so lethargic all week because of the heat that I've even managed to get the kitchen blitzed from top to bottom this morning

Feeling so much better today, loads of energy, so I'm making the most of the cooler day, even though it's still warm (22) before next weeks even higher expected temperatures

2. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Well, I woke up at 8am having had the coolest nights sleep and not waking up once because of the heat
    Looked outside and lots of cloud cover
    Opened all the windows and doors, lovely and cool inside
    Been so lethargic all week because of the heat that I've even managed to get the kitchen blitzed from top to bottom this morning

Feeling so much better today, loads of energy, so I'm making the most of the cooler day, even though it's still warm (22) before next weeks even higher expected temperatures
    Yes its cooler here today. Who would have thought we would have been saying 22c was cooler a month or so ago
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep me too. No sun yet today warm but cloudy and a breeze. I've cleaned the bathroom and changed all the beds and about to vacuum and get the house blitzed. Making the most of the cooler day. I do love the sun but the past couple of weeks it's been a struggle just to drag myself around so feeling a bit more energised today.

xxxx

5. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

still very hot here but a slight breeze, i got up at 6.30 to clean house as i now have 2 weeks off and wanna make the most of the lovely weather, hoping to be on beach every day

Jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My baby is due tomorrow so yes I am loving this cooler weather.

I haven't been able to do any housework in the heat as too hot and bothered after just a few minutes so was getting worried baby may be born into the pig hole that is my home. Managing a good half hour here and there without feeling too bad today so downstairs should feel a bit more like home again soon. Then to tackle upstairs though its not too bad just putting a few bits away then a good dust and hoover.

I am going to enjoy the coolness whilst it lasts and pray I go into labour before the heat comes back x

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    still very hot here but a slight breeze, i got up at 6.30 to clean house as i now have 2 weeks off and wanna make the most of the lovely weather, hoping to be on beach every day
    Snap! Up at 6:30 too, cleaning house. Took 4 hours, which included cleaning fridge, cupboards, windows and de-frosting the freezer. Stopped now and again for a cupper and a look on the forum. After that, took my daughter for a swim, 2 hours in the water and now just about to go and do food shopping. Enjoying my day very much!! Need to catch up on paper work but I am starting to feel a little creamed cracked!

9. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

cloudy here too though still very warm but when that sun peeps through - it goes up about 10 degrees. I'm enjoying it a little cooler I have to say.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears we were all up early catching up on housework!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still quite warm in Somerset, although a strong breeze which is lovely.

I've done pretty much nothing today, it's been lovely!!

Jx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

A lovely sleep last night and a lie-in this morning with breakfast in bed followed by lunch out with the family. Watching the golf now (or rather hubby is watching the golf and I'm here!)

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, I don't wish to offend anyone, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??
    It is Saturday, and it is cool, and you all do housework!?

We've been to fountains abbey today, had some fish and chips in the play park on the way home. Am shattered now. Loving the cool though, can finally get out of the house again

Jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post

We've been to fountains abbey today, had some fish and chips in the play park on the way home. Am shattered now. Loving the cool though, can finally get out of the house again
    I agree with you - should have been out today doing something nice whilst the weather cooler but couldn't bare the thought of going out and coming back to a messy house again

Did leave the house for a few hours this aft for my nephews birthday party and enjoyed being out in the garden there for an hour or two and it was nice to come home to a freshly cleaned living room

Sounds like you had a lovely day x x

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooo much cooler here today, I'm loving it.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've done nothing, and I mean nothing all week as I really don't do heat very well at all.
    My after schoolie even brushed up for me on Thursday

So in my defence, as I have school holidays starting next week and my busiest days are Mon, Tues and Wed, (all 6 aaaaargh!) if I didn't do it today, it wouldn't be getting done next week either

It's actually been quite enjoyable to do though, so I haven't minded

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had to it today as Im out tomorrow and am planning on doing as little as possible all holidays
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went out early this morning and actually enjoyed feeling cold It was lovely!

Then we spent this afternoon sorting the shed...what fun! In fairness, some of it was fun when we came across some old photos of our son, especially as his girlfriend was here to see them

Post Thanks / Like

Been at a feis all day, then went to watch baby sis in HSM! Back to the feis tomoro x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

this weekend is start of my holidays so thought if i got housework done i can have 2 weeks sitting on beach reading my book and just enjoying the gorgeous sunshine

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What's housework?

Oh, is it that thing I spend my free time doing, just for it all to be messed up again within minutes?

If it is, it's seriously overrated

23. Likes singingcactus, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so you all have somewhat reasonable excuses for doing housework on a saturday morning. Well today is traditionally a DAY OF REST, so no excuses please .
    We're all meeting at the local icecream parlour today. They'll all have ice cream and I'll have my favourite jasmine tea, yummy.
    Then I might have to have a bit of a tidy up here too lol.

25. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast