Started waking up with a stiff neck.  Any advice?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Started waking up with a stiff neck. Any advice?

Hi all,
    For about a month now I have been waking up with a stiff neck. It's not bad enough to go to the doctors but is really irritating and takes the best part of the day to become 'normal' again. I haven't changed my pillow or anything. Do any of you use a special pillow or anything for similar problems? Thanks. x

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this a while back and found that by just having one pillow instead of two sorted it out.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have this on and off.it did get quite bad at one point and I would wake up daily with chronic pins and needles in one arm or both.
    I changed to two pillows and it got better. But is now coming back again so might go back to one pillow.

I always used to have two pillows then cut down to one now I have two pillows for sleeping on my side and 1 for sleeping on my back...lol

At first I thought it was the buggy as it was quite hard going so now have a nipper double but my neck and shoulders still hurt. I also don't carry children if I can help it. If I have to carry a baby I only do it using both arms so the weight is spread out.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

are you stressed. When I have a bad week I wake up with a stiff neck and sore teeth as I've been tensing up in my sleep and gritting my teeth

Or you might have a spasm in your back that gets worse in your lying position.

I'd try the one pillow trick and maybe treat yourself to a remedial massage for xmas or a course of a few. If you shop around you can often get a back/neck/shoulder for under £20. If they can work on the sore areas, it will really help.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys. Don't think I am particularly stressed but I love the sound of a massage. Might have to look into that one! I only use one pillow at night anyway, don't think I could manage two. Might swap it for a flatter pillow. x

April08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

pain in neck and pins and needles in arms/ hands is also a sign of carpol tunnel, thats how mine started xx pop to GP and get him to check, wrist splints may stop it, I wear mine sometimes at night time to help, also cold weather can trigger it xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm, I have been much colder in bed recently. I'll start wearing another layer. x