Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just venting.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just venting.

Every day outside my son's school there is the most awful woman. Smoking, cackling, gossiping, swearing, laughing the loudest laugh I ever heard. She screeches so loud you can hear her at the other end of the street. The language from her is the filthiest I ever heard in my life. All this while her two year old daughter is sat in her stroller listening.

'Little f****er's in a mood as per usual'
    - she loudly states about her daughter when the child starts crying and stuffs a soft drink in her mouth.

Makes me cross.
    The group of women would probably murder me if I said anything to them.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So you have "pie eaters" in your area too.

Its got nothing to do with their weight that these mothers have earned this name from me ... its the fact that they go straight from the school to stand outside Greggs with their pushchairs, smoking, swearing and cackling loudly, forcing everyone else to walk in the road around them.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I think every village has got one, i know we have poor kiddies.

~Chelle~ Guest

We have one at our school and when she had her baby, her and her friends were standing there smoking all over him. When a child went to touch his hand, she actually turned around and said "please don't touch him, we dont let anyone touch him unless they have used alcohol gel first" So it is ok for her to breath dangerous smoke over him, but not for a child to touch him!

Ours all stand about at the local Garage as they have the Bake and Bite and coffee shop and they will still be there for up to an hour after the kids have gone into school!!!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so this is embarrassing but SIL is kind of one of them SIL on her own is ok but when she is with "the rest of them"

Her son goes to the same playschool as my son and mindee so on a Wednesday when I drop at school and walk to the playschool she walks with me, which is fine but sometimes one of her friends who, OMG! smokes like a chimney, swears like a trooper and is covered in tattoos all over her chest walks with us. I just play and talk to all the kids and try to pretend I am not with them lol.

We were talking about Mother's Day and Father's Day and this woman was smoking away shouting about how she is Mum AND Dad and saying the Mum half buys the Dad half presents and vice versa and this year Mummy Half bought Daddy half an Xbox (every other word swearing)...The other Mums waiting at the playschool were all just looking about and rolling their eyes I could have died , just pretended I didn't know her

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A school that I collect from has a group of these mums. A number of parents complained to the school and news letter was sent home telling them to move away from the school gates. It worked too, but unfortunately the people who live in the house 6 doors up has to put up with them now. It really stinks when you have to walk past them and they all have little ones with them too.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly they're everywhere . One of the mums picking her seven/eight year old girl up last week told the little girl that she would 'smash her f****** face in' if she was lying to her. Said loudly not once, but twice, in full hearing of the entire playground and the teachers as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

If she talks like that in public I dread to think what she says in private. It's really sad

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My own 10yr old daughter was quite shocked yesterday. She had gone to a friend's party and there was a child there from a 'Pie eater family' and the language coming out of that kid was making even the cool kids blush.
    How old was the child?

Two years old!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

LOOPYLISA Guest

Pie eaters

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    Pie eaters

i have always wondered what that meant...i thought it was someone from Wigan!!!

We have the "savoury pastry consumers" at my school...and i am a little bit scared of them. I hate them smoking at the school gate as we wait and i will just hang back to avoid the plume.

i am probably a snob but i am not the sort of person who "has it large" and i NEVER swear when there are children about (now when they are not here it is another matter)
    I am not one for going out on the lash and screaming through town.....i like meals with friends where a bottle or two of wine is shared...ok i might get tipsy (very infrequently) but i am not throwing up in the gutter.

i will now pack up my soapbox...

mandy xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have just had a cheese pie from greggs for my lunch

bit scared now

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

bit scared now

are you in Wigan???
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

bit scared now

I think you are only a 'pie eater' if you stand outside the shop and eat it!

My son confessed to eating a sausage roll from Greggs yesterday ...

I'm a pie eater's mother!
    Last edited by Bridey; 20-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post

I think you are only a 'pie eater' if you stand outside the shop and eat it!

My son confessed to eating a sausage roll from Greggs yesterday ...

I'm a pie eater's mother!
    That really made me laugh

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

they are at our school too,, stand outside the gates in a circle kids in puschairs parents puffing fags all over them,, we tried to walk past them today and one of them had a terrier on a lead but she had no control over it and it lunged and one of my minded kids,,
    love the term pie eaters

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't have a greggs in our town (ooh I sound posh in my head when I say that), our "pie eaters" are chip scoffers. They take the children to the afternoon session at pre-school, on the way they get chips, sit on a wall outside school feeding their own and their kids faces with chips, then they "av a fag". The language is filthy and, until school had words, would throw their chip paper over the wall with any chips not scoffed.

I once walked behind one of the parents with their little girl of 2, the girl was running off and the mum shouting get back here you tart, your grounded.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is the male pie eater that my schoolies and I had the pleasure to follow up the footpath home from school today ...

and yes, they could all read

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops! I had a Greggs sausage roll yesterday - my friend said they were nice. Not as nice as my old butchers ones but ok

But then again I have never smoked or hung around street corners swearing at my kids so maybe I am safe.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've got nothing against Greggs you know .. or pies!