Telling parents your holiday dates!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Telling parents your holiday dates!

Do you get parents to sign to say they've recieved/been told your holiday dates or do you just let them know?

I used to get parents to sign in there daily diarys but now I have older ones who don't have these I'm wondering if its nessesary?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I hand them a slip of paper 6 weeks before and another three weeks before ,if they forget it is their problem not mine.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Pipsqueak Guest

I have a duplicate (invoice) book that I write in and get the parents to sign.

I also remind them in the newsletter, by text and verbally in the lead up to it - they still forget!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I hand them the dates in a letter in Jan for the year. Any new parents in the year have a letter when they sign a contract.

Post Thanks / Like

We give them a letter, reminders in newsletters etc. but they still forget

Its the same with Christmas closure, we put a newsletter out in September saying which days we were open/closed over Christmas and STILL had 2 parents asking were we working on such and such a day why don't they read things

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I give all parents a form with my dates on in January. I then put it on the invoice the month before, verbally remind them from about 6 weeks before and then text/email them a week before. Parents still forget!

I go away in just over a week and I already have a feeling one mum is going to text me whilst I am away expecting me to get her boys from school. Not taking my phone with me whilst I'm away so dont think she will be too happy when I get back! Oh well....
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I give mine the dates at the beginning of the year of my holiday weeks ( i take 4) however this year was my first full year of minding and I haven't made any provision for in between christmas and new year - so far only one family has booked off, the other is going on holiday at the beginning of december for 2 weeks and have told methey have no more leave for over christmas!!! arrrrgggg......

next year will be closing for christmas x