Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    JAN 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry need to let of some steam!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

one of my mindees parents are driving me MAD!!!
    I have bent over backwards to keep her happy, which isnt easy when im 8 months pregnant!!!
    i am only ment to have him for 3 full das a week, but she keeps asking me to have him on the other days and start earlier etc....which i ALWAYS do.

now i got an appointment in 5 weeks at the hospitl so i asked her if she could arrange some other care for her child so that i can have that day off as holiday (seens as its not a contracted day anyway, just another extra day) and she came round saying i wass being very unfair and that it will jus have to stay the same unless she can sort something else out, which she said is very unlikely. i am actully due to have baby the week after!
    i just can not put into words how cross i am!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: need to let of some steam!!!

Oh my gosh - I would just give her a letter informing her of your "holiday" date!! thats so cheeky of her, like you say its not even a contracted day!!

Have you given her written details of maternity leave?

Katickles

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people. Firstly you have given her enough notice and secondly it is not a contracted day so she can go whistle! How dare she tell you it will stay the same unless she can make other arrangements. That makes me so angry.
    Annie x

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm angry for you too. I can't believe her attitude! It's not her contracted day so it's her problem to find alternative care. The cheek of some people!

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If she insists on you being available for the days you/she are NOT contracted for then she should pay you for those day every week.
    Last edited by RedDragon; 05-11-2008 at 02:11 PM.

JAN 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

i have written her a letter stating that unless anything happens (i go into labour early or i get signed off etc) i wll work up untill my due date.
    when she said about having him extra i said to her, i have an appointment at the hospital that day but ill do my bet to see if i can change it. i tried to change it and i cant so i went back to her saying i will need to have it off as i cant change it and they may even keep me in ( due to the fact i have had a big baby b4 and i am having a cs this time too) but she jus went mad!
    i feel really bad that i cant help her out but i also feel like she is not thinking of me at all. she also keeps saying that she wants me bk to work asap as she only has cover for her child for 3 weeks! i have told her that its not going to happen as ill need at least 6 weeks to recover from the cs! she wont listen tho!

Feb 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh you poor thing, I bet your getting tired and emotional too, as you haven't got long till baby is due, does she not realise that it is your business and you can say when you work, plus you have given her plenty of notice, I think most of us childminders are far to soft on parents.

Apr-08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's outrageous! What a BULLY!! I am angry for you.

If the day you need off is not a contracted day then tell her where to go. Like others have said if she is now requesting extra hours/extra days make it formal, contract and bill her for them.

feel really bad that i cant help her out but i also feel like she is not thinking of me at all. she also keeps saying that she wants me bk to work asap as she only has cover for her child for 3 weeks! i have told her that its not going to happen as ill need at least 6 weeks to recover from the cs! she wont listen tho!
    Don't feel bad, there's nothing to feel bad about. She sounds like an obnoxious cow. She wants this and that...well if this was me she would have to wait! YOU and your unborn child are top priority right now.

Infact the way I feel right now about parents, if this was me I would terminate the contract and tell her where to go.

...sorry about the rant, this type of thing makes me furious.

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoex View Post
    i have written her a letter stating that unless anything happens (i go into labour early or i get signed off etc) i wll work up untill my due date.
    when she said about having him extra i said to her, i have an appointment at the hospital that day but ill do my bet to see if i can change it. i tried to change it and i cant so i went back to her saying i will need to have it off as i cant change it and they may even keep me in ( due to the fact i have had a big baby b4 and i am having a cs this time too) but she jus went mad!
    i feel really bad that i cant help her out but i also feel like she is not thinking of me at all. she also keeps saying that she wants me bk to work asap as she only has cover for her child for 3 weeks! i have told her that its not going to happen as ill need at least 6 weeks to recover from the cs! she wont listen tho!
    Tough - you cant be signed back to work until 6 weeks after c-section. I have had 3 and believe me there is no way you will feel up to it no matter what she says. How old is the child?
    Annie x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be realy angry with her. She has no rigt to demand that you return to work when SHE needs you to. You return to work when you are able to do so & are comfortable doing so. After a c-section you won't be doing that after just 3 weeks.

Personally I think you are being very very nice to this lady, I know I wouldn't be putting up with her.

Just out of interest - what would she do for cover if you suddenly go into labour before your due date - she only has cover for the 3 weeks after so she's not being very practical at all. You could go over if you wern't having a section so again she'd be up the creak so to say.

Katickles

JAN 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

his not even 2 yet.
    i had a cs with my 1st baby. i couldnt even walk for about 2 weeks. as his so young himself id need to lift him in and out of booster seats at the table, into his cot etc. i told her this and even said why dont u see if u can get another childminder for a month in jan so tht i dont have to worry about coming back to soon, she just said, im sure after a couple of weeks rest you will be fine
    i really dont know what to do! thing is the week before i have got a scan on one of my contracted days which i also said id take as holiday and she said ' no ill swop the day so u have him on one of the other days instead. i am just getting a little sick of being TOLD what days/times etc i will look after her child. she gave me a note stating the days she is bringing him in extra ( there is at least one day extra evry week till i have baby) and on some days she has put 7.0 start when i dont normally have him til 8!
    my partner says i should give her 4 weeks notice now and have a couple weeks off b4 baby comes.

JAN 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

she is going away for xmas for 2 weeks, thats why its ok for me to have that time off, then her childs nan is having him for a wek! thats it!

Aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell her she is lucky you've carried on up this far! As its not a contracted day you are no obligated to have him.

Frankly 6 weeks might even be pushing it so she's going to have to have a rethink for childcare whilst you can't.

Good luck and ignore her - you and your baby and more important!

Mel

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This woman is making me feel so angry. I cant imagine how you feel. Being heavily pregnant, worrying about a c-section and your other child and she has the nerve to boss you around. Also I think you should check with you insurance company because if you go back to work within 6 weeks of a c-section and your post-natal check I am sure your insurance is invalid. I would take advice then give her a written letter stating that you are taking 6 weeks off as per your insurance conditions.
    Annie x

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with your partner.... give notice.
    tell her that you will let her know when you are fit for work again so that if she still needs you then she can sign a new contract with revised days etc.
    She is just unbeliveable
    I think I would not have been as tolerant as you and we would have parted company a good while ago!
    Marian x

JAN 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

thank u. i will call my insurance now and give her the news tomorrow. im sure she aill be really pleased.

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

What a cheek of the woman!!!!

Id be inclined to say if she doesnt take what is offered to her then she is quite welcome to look else where for childcare-noy many would except early drop off uncracted days.

your hubby may have a point if she carries on like this. Is this child your only mindee? would you be able to manage without her money?
    Marie.

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you get on with everything- you really dont need the stress.
    Marie.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This woman is being so unreasonable and rude. It makes me mad

I would give her notice and look for someone else when your baby has arrived and you feel up to it. You and your family come first.

Tell her that as you no longer are able to accomodate her requests it may be better if she finds another minder who can! ! (doubt she will as you seem more than accomodating)

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How far away do live from me? as i will come and TELL her, you have done much more than most would hun, and you do not need any stress this close to having your baby

Give her notice and then let her stress!!!

Susan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast