Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do i have to use "grown up" words lol

Im now starting my SEF and so far im writing and its flowing quite well....BUT i just wonder how particular do you have to be with regards to wording.

Im not very good at spelling and academically big words are not my thing so can i just write as i would speak? no swear worrds obviously

xx
    Jennie x x

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do i have to use "grown up" words lol

i read someone else's & i didnt understand a word, it was like a professor had wrote it!

mine is basic english, i say what i mean, no frills! english was never my strong point!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember who it was who said they'd filled in their sef as if they were just talking to the inspector but I thought it was a good way of doing it - as long as you don't swear!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thats excelent news cos the word "academically" is about as big as they get with me

Im also "what you see is what you get, dont like it? dont come back" lol
    xx
    Jennie x x

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I would fill it in however you feel comfortable - its a SELF evaluation form and its for YOU!!! Thats my view anyway - I don't do it electronically and I don't submit it to anyone anywhere even tho my early years team keep asking me for it! I printed it out for my inspection and the inspector was more than happy with that. Its mine I tell you - mine!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mookins View Post

Im also "what you see is what you get, dont like it? dont come back" lol
    xx
    That made me smile - not sure it would the inspector though!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I've started my nurse training and the best thing someone told me as I was nervous about writing was KISS keep it simple....stupid it's got me top marks with my essays so I would say write as you speak it's all about you

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I write mine as if I am talking to someone about what I do, mine is also hand written. To show simple progression I write about changes to practice etc on a post it note as and when, I stick these onto the relevant page down the side of it. So my SEF started in 2008 and each page has a few post it's on, it's clear that I reflect on and evaluate practice and easy for someone else to see the changes as they read through.

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    I write mine as if I am talking to someone about what I do, mine is also hand written. To show simple progression I write about changes to practice etc on a post it note as and when, I stick these onto the relevant page down the side of it. So my SEF started in 2008 and each page has a few post it's on, it's clear that I reflect on and evaluate practice and easy for someone else to see the changes as they read through.
    thats excellent way to do it...mind if i copy your idea?

xx
    Jennie x x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    Love the post it notes idea I scribble things down the side of mine but it does start to look messy, think I might adopt your idea too if you don't mind

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow what a relief

I have pressed the submit button only taken me about 4 months with some rest time inbetween, That was a hard slog, and the last couple of answers are a bit iffy but I just wanted it done, now to update my risk assessments never mind they are not quite so daunting. It did make me laugh though at the end it asks how long it took to complete 1 hour , 2 hours or more than 4, it should be 1 month, 2 month, etc.. I dont know how anyone could do it in an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baildon bears View Post
    I have pressed the submit button only taken me about 4 months with some rest time inbetween, That was a hard slog, and the last couple of answers are a bit iffy but I just wanted it done, now to update my risk assessments never mind they are not quite so daunting. It did make me laugh though at the end it asks how long it took to complete 1 hour , 2 hours or more than 4, it should be 1 month, 2 month, etc.. I dont know how anyone could do it in an hour.
    Well done! Took me over a year to do mine!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mookins View Post
    thats excellent way to do it...mind if i copy your idea?

xx
    Course not! It's simple, effective and less time consuming!

Sept 89
    Post Thanks / Like

Am almost finnished with mine.....why can't they ask the questions simply????

Anyway, stupid question, once completed, what do i do with it?