Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attendence Register

I just wondered if anyone asked there parents to sign Attendence Register MM or NCMA, I fill them in and sign them the times they arrive leave the hours and I sign the bottom but I've have never asked my parents to sign these NCMA just changed to MM, will Ofsted question this at my inspection are will they be happy what I have in place.

As all the children have there own signing in and out sheet for parents to sign when they arrive am and pick up pm. I only sign the childrens in and out sheet if I pick up from school am from parent and drop off at school pm with parent,or pick up pm another after school child/children, I also have a visitors book, and A signing in and out book for me which I record when the child/children arrive am & leave am for school run, Back from school run pm, outings etc.

jus

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always get my parents to sign the NCMA register at the end of each week. Im sure this is a requirement but I expect someone else who knows more will come along soon.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jus View Post
    I just wondered if anyone asked there parents to sign Attendence Register MM or NCMA, I fill them in and sign them the times they arrive leave the hours and I sign the bottom but I've have never asked my parents to sign these NCMA just changed to MM, will Ofsted question this at my inspection are will they be happy what I have in place.

As all the children have there own signing in and out sheet for parents to sign when they arrive am and pick up pm. I only sign the childrens in and out sheet if I pick up from school am from parent and drop off at school pm with parent,or pick up pm another after school child/children, I also have a visitors book, and A signing in and out book for me which I record when the child/children arrive am & leave am for school run, Back from school run pm, outings etc.

jus
    You seem to be doing everything twice and lots you don't need to.

I use the NCMA Attendance Register. Every child I care for has their own page each month and I note down their exact time of arrival and departure. For school children who are with me before school have their time of delivery marked in and then I note the time they went into school when I get home and then the time they came out to me.

Yes my parents sign the register each week. it is not a requirement but good practice and for Child Protection because the parent by signing is confirmiming the times their child was with you.

I have found it useful if a parent is often late and tries to shrug it off when I charge for the extra hours. By signing of course they have confirmed if they have been late.

It also was invaluable when a parent who had left me complained to Ofsted and accused me of being at school late to collect her son and she gave specific days, she also said I had not told her. I was able to produce the signed attendance register to show that that was indeed not the case. The complaint was not upheld.

There is no need to have children or parents signing in and out every day if you have an attendance register.

I have never had a Visitors book. You need to ask why and for whom do you do this? We are not a big institution who has lots of staff and visitors all of whom may not know who is in the building for how long. We work in our own homes. I know exactly who is in my home at any time and visitors have no access to the minded children without me being present at ALL times. So I don't need a Visitors book. When I was inspected by Ofsted last September I got Outstanding for keeping children safe, lack of a visitors book was nor even mentioned. It is not a requirement of Ofsted or EYFS to have one.

I am a great believer in keeping all paperwork to the absolute minimum. I have always got Good with Outstandings when inspected so I must be getting things right some of the time!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite agree with Rickysmith.I neither get my parents to sign the attendence register neither do I get vistors to sign in/out!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Quite agree with Rickysmith.I neither get my parents to sign the attendence register neither do I get vistors to sign in/out!
    My parents do sign my register and always have.

I have never had a visitors book.