Newsletter template, can anyone help please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Newsletter template, can anyone help please?

I have spent 2 days trying to make a newsletter and i just cannot do it...what a plank!
    I dont have any templates on my laptop and wondered if anyone would mind sharing theirs with me, please?
    thanks muchly
    x
    What's for you, wont pass by you

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use a template but just have my name and slogan at the top (currently this is Celebrating twenty years of childminding)
    then I have four or five bold print headings next letter will include summer term theme, clothing reminder, holiday dates and latest news, then a paragraph on each.

I keep a copy of the letter and on the reverse I list each child's surname and get parent to sign that they received a copy of the letter dated .......

Hope this helps

Allie

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

There has been a recent thread with template so if you put newsletter in search you might be able to find it.hope this helps.

onceinabluemoon Guest

I do mine in Word and put in text boxes. Its pretty easy but looks good

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I insert a table with 8 boxes and have a different heading in each box, Normally 1 or 2 have a picture of the children in or a picture relating to our monthly topic

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you all! in the end i did as you suggested and made text boxes - so far so good
    im going to email them to parents so might try to figure out a way to add animation too..
    What's for you, wont pass by you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you email make sure you check they have received them (especially if they contain your holiday dates!!

And offer an alternative method of dispatch in case parents do not use their computers very often or do not have access to email - this helps you to evidence inclusion.

I use text boxes! I find them easiest to work with. I used to do 2 columns but now I just do it in a line so it uploads easier onto the website.

Good luck