what paperwork to you buy???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what paperwork to you buy???

Will be getting my insurance soon once my certificate arrives in the post. I have been looking at the paperwork organisers and wondered what I can actually make myself and what I need to get from my insurance provider. I definatley want to buy the contracts from them! If I know I am alowed and there all properly done and it can save me some money by writting some things up myself i will.

...So, what forms/paperwork do you buy and what do you print up for your self???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what paperwork to you buy???

I do all my own paperwork now except for contracts - I use NCMA ones because I have NCMA insurance. MM insurance do not mind whose contracts you use but NCMA insist you use theirs if you are insured with them

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the starter pack to begin with but will be doing all the paperwork myself when it runs out I'm with MM x

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you both. Although I am constantly told that this is my business and i can do what i like (?) i am so worried about not having the correct paperwork and that i may miss something out and get in a mess! is there anything to be careful with when doing my own paperwork? (not contracts though)

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to get Ncma contracts, ran out, then changed my insurance so just ordered MM ones.
    In between I did my own contracts, which actually, now that I have the new MM ones, I wish I'd carried on with. The thing about doing your own is you can tailor them to exactly your requirements, whereas I think there's alot of irrelevant and complicated stuff on the official ones which is unnecessary IMO, so many pages and not enough room for individualising agreements on the contracts either.
    I hate to waste things so will probably wait until I've gone through these, but then I'm going back to my own C's.
    Child record forms are easy enough to make up yourself too. Just get lots of carbon copy paper !
    I liked the NCMA attendance records, but am looking at doing my own now that i have reached the end of that too...

Don't think i've helped much, but don't worry: just got to try stuff and learn what's best as you go along

bws,
    Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Libby08 View Post
    is there anything to be careful with when doing my own paperwork? (not contracts though)
    Have a look through your eyfs book it tells you what information you need to record then you can tailor your paperwork to it - things like the name, address and contact phone number of a parent; names of those persons with parental responsibility etc etc

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello. I do all of mine myself. Like above though you need to check through the EYFS to make sure you have all the correct information in. If you google childminging child infomation form/permission form etc then sites will come up. Our childcare support service is trio childcare connections and they have forms on their website you can use as tenplates. Bromley childminding assosiation (although nothing to do with my area) has been quite usful. Some childminders on their websites have examples of forms which you can use as guidance. If your not sure you can always buy a pack of everything and then make your own up when they run out and as you get more confident as to what you need. One of the things they bought up at the last ofsted update meeting was that providers aren't personalising forms and it wasn't good enough. So if you buy a book of policies from somewhere you must make sure that you add things personal to your setting and date, sign and review date it all.
    Hope this helps.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use NCMA contracts but I am insured by MM. For short term & ad-hoc I use my own contracts and get payment up front.

I make my own child record forms as my own are more detailed that NCMAs.

I do use NCMA accident forms but I am in Wales and they have the body diagram and they are carbon backed, I like to use these as you can give the parent a copy - I don't have a photocopier and they are more professional than a carbon copy book. Although you can make your own or buy any accident book - should have one though.

I use NCMA accounts book but again you can use any accounts book or computer accounts package.

I make my own permission forms based on one on the NCMA website and then adapted to my needs.

I use the NCMA attendance book - mainly cos I like it and have always used it . Easy to make your own though

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not bought any paperwork and produced it all myself. Ofsted had a look through at my pre-reg inspection and were happy with it. It works out a lot cheaper and I can print it off as and when I need it rather than wait for an order to be delivered.

I'm not sure how I would have used the policies etc that come as standard, I assume there must be a way to make these appropriate to your setting.

With MM insurance you can produce your own contracts too.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Siana View Post
    I have not bought any paperwork and produced it all myself. Ofsted had a look through at my pre-reg inspection and were happy with it. It works out a lot cheaper and I can print it off as and when I need it rather than wait for an order to be delivered.

I'm not sure how I would have used the policies etc that come as standard, I assume there must be a way to make these appropriate to your setting.

With MM insurance you can produce your own contracts too.
    With MM insurance you need to ensure that your own contracts are "legally worded" whatever they mean by that . Some people buy their first set or borrow one just so that they can get the legal wording correct.

With NCMA you have to use their contracts to be able to access the legal team for help recovering fees.

Feb 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never bought any paperwork, preferring instead to draft and produce it all myself so that it meets my exact requirements - something which the NCMA contracts totally fail in, in my personal opinion. Also I find the cost of these forms and documents to be surprisingly high, especially NCMA on top of a hefty annual membership.

By doing them myself, it makes it easy to tweak and update as required avoiding any waste.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

only contracts then I type up everythign else on the pc.