Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fee increases

Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fee increases

Just wondered how you word the need for fee increase etc... I've down a bit of local research on CM and they're all charging £35 a day where I have been charging £30 a day. I did take in a new child in the summer and charged £32 for all day.

I'm a bit apprehensive about it. One parent I know will be fine with it as she used to pay £35 a day at previous CM. just not sure how the other one is going to react. I'm thinking of increase to £32 from feb 1st x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have it in my policies that there will be a fee increase each year, but usually do it every other year! I usually say something like ' in line with my policy, fees will be going up in april ' & this year I've mentioned rising costs. I put the information in january invoices that went out mid december, & new fees come into line for april.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All businesses review their prices regularly in view of changing costs and other circumstances. Most employees would be used to the idea of an annual wage review. Self employed people can't be expected to be any different. So I think any parent who made out they were shocked by the idea would either have to be a bit dim or else trying it on a little. Do they really expect you to 'freeze' your starting fee indefinitely?

Personally, I wouldn't make any reference to what other CMs are doing or charging in my area. You are a self-employed individual, not part of a cartel.