Attendance register hours total?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the parents can view their Invoice when I tell them it's ready (or I can print it off) it shows the hours I'm charging them for - set amount unless I've taken time off as I don't charge them for that. They can also view my Register, which shows times in and out that their child has been with me. If they have any concerns they can tell me before paying their Invoice, so we can see if I've made any mistakes ( not known for my Maths skills, which is why ****** is so good!)

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I write the hours in their daily diarys and photocopy all the diaries lots of paper used but incase they didn't turn up with book and suddenly left me I then have a copy for any evidence
    xxxxxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollyoaksmad View Post
    I write the hours in their daily diarys and photocopy all the diaries lots of paper used but incase they didn't turn up with book and suddenly left me I then have a copy for any evidence
    Would it not be easier to keep an Attendance Register!

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Would it not be easier to keep an Attendance Register!
    Not for me no I used to have one and forget all about it knowing I write in their diaries makes me doit and its good to have copy's incase I get a complaint saying I didn't do this or I did this and I have eveidenxe
    xxxxxx

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the time they enter and what time they leave As total time, i.e 1hr25 min.
    Jas Bedi

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I write in the exact time children arrived and left but don't fill in the exact number of hours they attended - all of mine come the same hours and days each week as agreed on their contracts. I would be within my rights to charge for all the 5 mins extras but I'm lazy - all parents either pay direct into my bank account (same amount each week), or send a pre-written cheque.

I use that third column in my NCMA register to write L for lunch or T for tea and refer to that for my expenses - at the bottom of page underneath where parents sign, I also write the amount they have paid - so they are confirming times in and out and payment made - as I'm doing my accounts on a computer spreadsheet now - so don't have the NCMA accounts book for them to sign.

I also would have to use my fingers and possibly toes to add up all the 1/4 to's and 1/4 pasts.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    You need to know number of hours to make sure you are calculating your tax return expenses correctly
    Great answer, as some expenses such as utilities are calculated on the number of hours you work per week.

I keep a record every day of how many hours I actaully worked (can be deppressing and surprising at the end of the week), and thats the figure I use each week to calculate my utilities.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I am new childminder, I so confuse don't know what to do with so many thing, I have only par-time one day a week even few hours i would say. she pay me every week. how do i write in account book.

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was also so you could prove to fire people that you had all children out, I told difficult parent that. She said you wouldn't go back for it and i said no, children first. And yes I know ofsted might want to see it. Many childminders around me didn't know about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12