finishing in 6 weeks help...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default finishing in 6 weeks help...

after alot of thinking and planning i have decided i need to do whats best for me due to my family moving to essex and me wanting to stay in the oxford area (lived here all my life also my partner has a stable job here) i decided to stay in oxfordshire but where i currently mind from in headington is very expensive to rent and i only have a few grand saved so not enough to put deposit down for mortgage... i was unsure of where i will be living come october and this put potential new parents of (dont blame them) the safest option for me was to go back to my old job as a senior support worker with learning disabilities and move out of headington to cheaper areas.... so i am all up to date with the new eyfs done all my paperwork ready and completed up to date the new development matters check list (even though i finish in 6 weeks and felt like i shouldn't bother!!) the only thing i haven't done is the transition report we now have to do as my mindee (only have one due to looking after my younger siblings) is moving on to a nursery when i finish and i really don't know where to even begin any tips please? sorry for the whole explanation x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would just write a brief summary assessment of what the child can do.

Good luck with your future plans!

dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

just going through your checklist now sarah well done you it has put my mind to rest that i have everything but this transition report.... i have started out and put childs name and DOB then a little bit on personality then a paragraph on each area of development shes 2 in feb so wont need to do the progress check do i? x

p.s thankyou for the good luck the parents were very understanding and pushed me on to go for my jobs

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

you're right to be up to date as you can stayed registered and if once you're settled you decide you'd like to childmind again then you have option. if you cancelled you're registration you'd have to start all qualifications all over again.

i would just do a quick assessment, what the child likes doing, i would put a picture for each area and give a positive quick over view.
    I would write it as an all about me book and would write it as the lo was speaking.

good luck in your new adventure ahead

dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gegele View Post
    you're right to be up to date as you can stayed registered and if once you're settled you decide you'd like to childmind again then you have option. if you cancelled you're registration you'd have to start all qualifications all over again.

i would just do a quick assessment, what the child likes doing, i would put a picture for each area and give a positive quick over view.
    I would write it as an all about me book and would write it as the lo was speaking.

good luck in your new adventure ahead

love the idea about pictures!! thankyou. my lil flat im renting for two years wont allow me to run a business from it plus its top floor and tiny so will be impossible. ive down sized alll of my paperwork and put it all in to one filing cabinet instead of three!! so much stuff to keep for 20 more years :S! x
    thank you x