Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    But don't you have to be a member of NCMA to be able to take out their insurance? If that's right (which I'm pretty sure it is) it pushes up the price of the insurance (plus membership fees) to over £60 whereas MM is around £40.

Its very misleading to newbies to say the NCMA costs less because although the insurance is less, MM don't change membership fees like NCMA do so overall they are cheaper.
    I didn't say anything misleading at all. I did point out that as the OP is already a member of NCMA her Pub Lib insurance would be about half the price of going to MM.

Whichever way you look at it NCMA insurance is cheaper but for members.

MM is just an insurance broker there to sell insurance and with no interest in childminders even though they have the business nouse to provide sweeteners. When I was with them last year they failed to send me any of the information on EYFS or anything other than Creative steps.

However now I don't insure with them, they hiked the price of car insurance by a ridiculous amount when it came to renewing and wouldn't negotiate would only price match, why should they get the business from another company who are prepared to offer a fair price? Anyhow I have now lost access to all the Creative Steps so thats not really much of a perk!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    NCMA told me they only insure their members. which put the cost up too high for me especially when i didnt want to be a member.
    That's fine and your choice. It is one way NCMA, the same as a lot of Professional Membership organisations do to recognise and benefit their members.

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I think you may be getting muddles Aly it is around £20-25 for a member. However with out looking mine up it is around £60 to be a member.

If the OP is already a member of NCMA it is much cheaper for her to take out Public Liability Insurance with NCMA than MM.
    I meant £75 for membership AND insurance.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Heaven Scent & Bluelion

I just changed from NCMA to MM this year for liability insurance and I rang them up to specifically ask them if I now needed to buy their contracts and re-issue to all parents and was told that their legal team will support me if I have a contract breach, no matter whose contract it is.

A contract is a legally binding document as long as it has been filled in properly, signed and dated

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksplace View Post
    Hi Sarah, I was told by my DO it must be on display. I think this is why so many of us newbies get confused because these types of matters arent clear. Why isnt there some sort of guidance we should all have? Crikey if it wasnt for people like you on here, we wouldnt know what we were supposed to be doing.
    I was told the exact same thing when I started last year. In fact it's also written in the small print on the back of my actual certificate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12