Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
    Thank you for all your comments. The reason the font was wrong was letter formation " a "

I have calmed down and evaluated all comments. So a big THANK YOU to everyone's comments

This is even more interesting as the title in my email to Ofsted was "the letter a". The formation of the letter a was the main reason my dep manager started the whole discussion. If you pm me your email address I can forward you the whole email, from me to them and their reply. I am sure this can be used if you are going to complain.

xx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm due an inspection any day and this is what really worries me. It seems if you get the wrong inspector who doesn't have a clue it can really affect your grade. I've worked so hard to improve on my 'good' grade 3 years ago that if an inspector came and said I had used the wrong font I would basically give up childminding.
    No one works their ass off on here looking after the children and keeping the huge amounts of paperwork in order to be slated about a font they have used or some of the ridiculous comments on the funny thread about the cling film on the fishbowl or the ****** stangulation by ivy.

I'm so hoping I get an inspector who actually knows what they are doing
    Becky

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i was talking to one of mums she told me that her friend is now an inspector she did some training in Nothingham !!! I am just wondering who are the inspectors do have childcare experience or do they just go by the tick sheet that does not have a box for common sense
    CWR

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my report through

It came today, my report. I had to read it a few times to understand what was written as what was on the report was not what my inspector had pulled me to pieces about - so thank you Mrs Inspector. XXX

The report was very complimentary about my setting and I fully meet all the requirements of the EYFS. The report was positive all through it and there was not any words like however, but etc.

My Assistants and minded parents have read the report and the main comment is "If you fully meet the requirements, how come your not outstanding?"

I'm happy!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're happy with your report - well done!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It came today, my report. I had to read it a few times to understand what was written as what was on the report was not what my inspector had pulled me to pieces about - so thank you Mrs Inspector. XXX

The report was very complimentary about my setting and I fully meet all the requirements of the EYFS. The report was positive all through it and there was not any words like however, but etc.

My Assistants and minded parents have read the report and the main comment is "If you fully meet the requirements, how come your not outstanding?"

I'm happy!!!!!
    thats brill, so glad she didn't add all the picky bits

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection this week, Inspector rang me Mon teatime and asked if she could inspect the following day. I made up a doctors appt to give me a bit of time to run around like a headless chicken. So she came Wed. She arrived just after 10am and left just before 2.45.
    She told me to tell her where my files were and then for me to ignore her. How the heck could I do that, it was question after question after question and then please could you repeat it. As well as that stress this is the first inspection with having 2 assistants so added stress. My assistants are fantastic so I had no reason to worry.
    However
    We also had a child who insisted on biting, kicking, pushing and spitting at us during the inspection.

My inspector gave me a good grade, which I am happy with but pulled me up on:
    Printing using the wrong font
    All children going outside to play at the same time - surly not all children wanted to go out at the same time - she didn't know my children!!!!!!
    She also said that if she came back to inspect in the next 2 months she would give me a better grade, but as I had new children and staff settling in she couldn't give me outstanding.
    Have you ever heard of silly things

That sounds very unfair to only be graded good on....

what font should you use ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12