Pre registration
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre registration

Hey Guys!

Just a little query .... I have sent off al my applications to ofsted and am now waiting for them to come and inspect. Was wondering if there was anywhere a checklist that helps you get ready for their first visit with what you should have for them to see?

If anyone knows of one and an they let me know where to find it

Thanks in advance : ) x x

Registered Childminder since
    July13
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know aswell. I'm just playing the waiting game for them now (cssiw), but would be helpfully if I know what they look for ect xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I just had my pre-registration visit this week. It's not that bad, mostly common sense and focus on the prep questions (you need to get these from the Ofsted web site - preparing for your registration visit I think it's called) They have several documents on the Ofsted web site that take you through all the requirements you must meet.
    Take time to look at the questions and I would complete them as detailed as you can, show your linking to the EYFS and Development matters it will take the pressure off at the visit. I know it really helped me (my daughter had a sickness bug when she came so being really prepared made the visit much easier)
    Other key things to think about - safeguarding and behaviour management, it will be talked about so know what your policies will be on those and have it clear in your mind how you will manage incidents like hitting, biting bullying etc.

Good luck - take a good look through the forum there are loads of really useful posts, most of your questions will probably be answered in a post on here