Will Ofsted change my certificate?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Ofsted change my certificate?

I have had sign contracts for Mon, Wed, Fri starting in February for a baby who will be months old.

I have got another parent who has signed contracts for their child to start September. They have now phoned and Mum's work wants her to go back in April when baby will be 9 months.

I have a variation on my certificate allowing me to have 2 children under 1 but it is for a named child (who is now 2 and only here for 1 day).

Do you think Ofsted will take the "named child" bit off and allow me to keep the 2 under 1?

Is it best to phone, email or write a letter to them asking?
    littletreasures xx

moogster1a Guest

almost 100% certain they will do that for you. If you 'phone them, chances are they will do it over the 'phone. If not, fill in their variation form and email it to them.

June 05
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it each variation is only for the named child and not transferable. If you already have a variation then they are quite likely to issue a new one with the new children on it. Write and ask for the new details as soon as you can so that you don't come unstuck at the last minute

jacqui

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that 2 under 2 was a standard change and not related to any particular children.

I would double check the wording and then go back and ask them to take it off it is reading as you say.
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    I thought that 2 under 2 was a standard change and not related to any particular children.

I would double check the wording and then go back and ask them to take it off it is reading as you say.
    The wording on my certificate says

- an exception to this ratio to allow 4 children in the early years age group and of these 2 may be under 1 years is made for the named child on the variation request 18 May 2010

- may only care for such children Monday to Friday from 7.30 am until 6.30pm. This exception applies until the named child is no longer in the early years age group or is no longer cared for by the childminder

They came and gave me a mini inspection too although I only had my proper inspection a year before when I got my outstanding grade!!
    littletreasures xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Phoned Ofsted this morning and I've got a submit a new variation request which is a pain.

Luckily we can do it via email now which saves a few days and he said they're turnaround is 14 days now.
    littletreasures xx

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think you'll have any problems with it - once granted the two under one clause stays on your certificate and isn't time or child specific (or at least that's how I understand it).

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When you ask for the variation (I think this is because you are asking for 4 under 5 and not because of the 2 under 1) specifically ask for 2 conditions

1. To have 2 under 1

2. Variation for 4 under 5's

That way you could have 2 under 1's at anytime, even if your current variation finishes
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I phoned Ofsted this morning to see what the status was on my variation request and she has told me that it's been approved and certificate went in the post yesterday.

Mum of mindee is very pleased that I am going to be able to have her little boy.

littletreasures xx

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news - glad you got it sorted

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!....ratios

Hi there, I'm new to this so not sure if I'm posting in the right place!

I'm a newly registered childminder and I received my reg certificate today. In my ratios it says that I can only mind 4 children under 8, 2 of which can be in the EYFS age range.

I'm panicking as I have two children of my own aged 1 and 6. Does this mean that I can only mind one pre-school child and one school age child each day? It hardly seems worth doing if I can only have one child (as I think I'll find it difficult to get a school child as they all go to wrap around).

I really don't know why I've been given this ratio, I live in a 3 bed semi with 2 reception rooms and a large garden. Does anybody know if ofsted would increase my ratios?

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My certificate says only 1 in the EYFS and only 4 under 8 and I have 2 children in the EYFS of my own.
    Your own children get deducted from your numbers as they dont count and you cannot be judged on how you care for them in an inspection.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly9815 View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to this so not sure if I'm posting in the right place!

I'm a newly registered childminder and I received my reg certificate today. In my ratios it says that I can only mind 4 children under 8, 2 of which can be in the EYFS age range.

I'm panicking as I have two children of my own aged 1 and 6. Does this mean that I can only mind one pre-school child and one school age child each day? It hardly seems worth doing if I can only have one child (as I think I'll find it difficult to get a school child as they all go to wrap around).

I really don't know why I've been given this ratio, I live in a 3 bed semi with 2 reception rooms and a large garden. Does anybody know if ofsted would increase my ratios?
    Don't panic. The numbers mentioned on the certificate are mindee numbers. If you didn't have your own children it would say "6 children under 8, 3 of which can be in the EYFS range"

It is very confusing the way they word things. Took me ages to get the hang of things
    Best wishes,
    Wendy .

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much, that's definitely put my mind at rest!