Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: first grading

Registered Childminder since
    dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first grading

had my first grading inspection today and i got a satisfactory which i'm happy about as i was aiming to at least get that..

she left with me in tears though as she made some comments about why i didn't explain to my own children (2year old twins) about the dangers of swinging the swing chair to high (this is something they are doing constantly at the moment) i only told them not to do it because its dangerous three times and my mindee (13 months) will pick up on it so im not making her safe?!?! she also had said some other things like why i didnt explain to my children (mindee decided to run round the garden instead of plant seeds) why we need sun to make the flowers grow (i said to them lets put them on the window sill so the sun can help them grow) and i didnt mention about watering them! she was really picking and asked me twice to go upstairs to get my other files (mindees files of written accident/medication file and policie procedures and permission slips, even though she had all the main copies there) i took my mindee with me up the stairs both times...

i gave her parent feedback letters etc which cant fault me in any way and she didnt even mention our good working in partnership was.

she did say all my paper work was excellent and loved the way i did the mindees learning journel and linked it up.

she also told me "she got the feeling i go to a lot of toddler groups as my planning is a little lack" i have one child part time three days a week so yes my charts arent full to the brim!!

i was so upset i cried for ages my mindees parent came round to talk to me and she to was upset at the grade i got considering i work my bum off and she can't think of any one better to have her lo.

sorry for the rant just need to clear my head so i can wake up in the morning and get on with my job cause i know and my parents know i do a good job and some silly grade/woman isnt going to tell me other wise!

really sorry again guys x
    Last edited by maluvsya89; 02-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be very proud of yourself, well done! Now you can enjoy doing what you do best!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry you didn't have a positive experience during your inspection

Look at it another way - you have passed! Now you can get on with the job and use the next few years to show how you are improving - as we all need to do.

Hugs xx

dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers guys... im happy with the grading just not with what she said but hey its life and i can now get on with my job every body is happy so why shouldn't i be. if there was a real problem i wouldnt be here so just going to get on with it for now.

i don't think i will be here in three years time for my next inspection as hopefully i will have a baby to think about fingers crossed but we shall see......

x