desperate planning help!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default desperate planning help!!!

my head is hurting so much right now I cant even think!!!

hoping all you lovely people can point me in the right direction.

Il admit I've been really bad with my planning - I currently I have one full time 20 month and my own 22 month old

I just really not sure what to do, so currently I have a very basic long term plan a topic/theme for each month I plan on using these very loosely on my daily/weekly planning.

I also have a medium plan (adapted from Bromley site) so again 4 months of all 7 areas of learning with activities on each area of learning.

im struggling on what to do next looked at examples to get an ideas of where to start and Ive just don't know. can I do a weekly plan on am/pm activities? do I need to then link each activitie to the EYFS? Does it need to be an indivual child plan?

any advise from anyone would be very much appreciated

sinead x

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look in the free resources section there are a few examples of planning in there including a play plan from our own sarah707

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

3. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The most important planning for the age group you are talking about is individual / next steps planning which follows on from your observations.

You see a child doing something and you plan something similar / linked that they will enjoy doing next to challenge them.

Or a child does something at home and you plan an activity to follow it up.

Writing it down ... as Miffy says I use my play plan which is in free resources or on this thread with an explanation of how it works -

Chinese New Year - Feb week 1 planning

Hope this helps!

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for replies :-) helpful as always. I think I've just about got my head around it now just to keep it up to date.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it is so simple that you don't realise that you do planning all the time without thinking about it - if a child can do a shape sorter you move onto a slot in tray puzzle, then you move to 2 piece puzzle, 3 piece, 4 piece etc. If a baby puts fingers in juice on the highchair tray, you move onto shaving foam or finger painting, then using tools and equipment.

I have been doing puzzles with my lo's this morning before we went to park - 14 month old was attempting a shape slot in puzzle, 2 year old was attempting 2 piece puzzles and although he can join together 2 pieces of train track he is still struggling to join together puzzles pieces, 4 year old successfully completed a 48 piece telling the time clock puzzle. The 4 year old did start off doing the 2 piece puzzles and I told him they were too easy but then he told me that there for 4 puzzles with 2 pieces in each so that made 8 pieces - so that was him extending the activity to match his learning.

7. Likes lorraine04 liked this post
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sometimes it is so simple that you don't realise that you do planning all the time without thinking about it - if a child can do a shape sorter you move onto a slot in tray puzzle, then you move to 2 piece puzzle, 3 piece, 4 piece etc. If a baby puts fingers in juice on the highchair tray, you move onto shaving foam or finger painting, then using tools and equipment.

I have been doing puzzles with my lo's this morning before we went to park - 14 month old was attempting a shape slot in puzzle, 2 year old was attempting 2 piece puzzles and although he can join together 2 pieces of train track he is still struggling to join together puzzles pieces, 4 year old successfully completed a 48 piece telling the time clock puzzle. The 4 year old did start off doing the 2 piece puzzles and I told him they were too easy but then he told me that there for 4 puzzles with 2 pieces in each so that made 8 pieces - so that was him extending the activity to match his learning.
    Lovely examples. You don't need reams and reams of written planning, your "next steps" can be your planning, and you definitely don't need long-term or medium-term planning. Although I'm sure some people find this kind of planning helpful its really not necessary.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post

Lovely examples. You don't need reams and reams of written planning, your "next steps" can be your planning, and you definitely don't need long-term or medium-term planning. Although I'm sure some people find this kind of planning helpful its really not necessary.

So please you said this as always feel I'm not doing enough