funding for unfilled spaces when accredited?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default funding for unfilled spaces when accredited?

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of this? I'm sure that i was told a while ago that if you are network accredited and have unfilled vacancies fro a certain period you can access funding for a limited amount of time to ensure the buisness is sustainable?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of it for accredited childminders and know of several in our area who have had vacancies, but not received anything.

Our local council did used to fund a sustainablity grant for any childminder who was struggling to fill their spaces, but that was scrapped years ago.

Have you tried contacting your local early years team?

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

My advisor is coming out in a couple of weeks so i thought i would ask her then, but i thought i'd check on here. its sooooo quiet!!

Pipsqueak Guest

As Mouse says there is something called a sustainability grant and I only know of 1 childminder in recent years (10 years that I have been minding) who has been awarded it.

Many LA's don't have the funds to do this anymore.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my LA have a 'sparsity fund' that they can pay to childminders/preschools etc to enable them to stay open and be able to offer funded sessions if numbers are low. there are strict criteria (about being the only setting available for parents in X miles etc )and only limited funds.