please help feel like crying (not a cm matter)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

School think his got aspergus may be mild butbshowing signs
    I have no knowledge of this I feel like im suppose to know everything my son ob has
    Issues and I havent helped him his got a doc appointment tomorrow and meetings at
    School hipe got excluded for afternoon going back tomorrow
    Please help all I do is cry I jnow I need to pull myself together and im not upset that he may
    Have apergus im upset that I didnt pick anything up I was horrible to him last week when he was
    Naughty took cd player away he didnt go to football
    Did I add to the problem???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kims kingdom View Post
    School think his got aspergus may be mild butbshowing signs I have no knowledge of this I feel like im suppose to know everything my son ob has Issues and I havent helped him his got a doc appointment tomorrow and meetings at School hipe got excluded for afternoon going back tomorrow Please help all I do is cry I jnow I need to pull myself together and im not upset that he may Have apergus im upset that I didnt pick anything up I was horrible to him last week when he was Naughty took cd player away he didnt go to football Did I add to the problem???
    No of course not! Even if he has aspergers he still needs to know that his actions have consequences! Hugs for you xxx

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

What the school needs to do is get you in to do an iep plan for your son. It will take quite some to if there is a diagnosis as your gp will need to refer. My oldest son has Asperger's and ADHD and it took 6 months to have a paedriatric appointment as had to have hearing test done first and then another 12 months before diagnosis of Asperger's and only 6 months ago which was 2 years after Asperger's has now diagnosed with ADHD as well.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    No of course not! Even if he has aspergers he still needs to know that his actions have consequences! Hugs for you xxx
    Thank u
    Yes the school does say its unkind to hurt others
    he now will be in a nurture class at lunchtime I do always say to him even
    If its his sister I say its not nice to hurt others.
    But where do I go from here?

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmin68 View Post
    What the school needs to do is get you in to do an iep plan for your son. It will take quite some to if there is a diagnosis as your gp will need to refer. My oldest son has Asperger's and ADHD and it took 6 months to have a paedriatric appointment as had to have hearing test done first and then another 12 months before diagnosis of Asperger's and only 6 months ago which was 2 years after Asperger's has now diagnosed with ADHD as well.
    Really poor u how do u find things now?
    Its the first step tomorrow first appointment at doctors but I dont know
    what im expecting really and kinda a bit dont know what to do anymore

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kims kingdom View Post
    School think his got aspergus may be mild butbshowing signs
    I have no knowledge of this I feel like im suppose to know everything my son ob has
    Issues and I havent helped him his got a doc appointment tomorrow and meetings at
    School hipe got excluded for afternoon going back tomorrow
    Please help all I do is cry I jnow I need to pull myself together and im not upset that he may
    Have apergus im upset that I didnt pick anything up I was horrible to him last week when he was
    Naughty took cd player away he didnt go to football
    Did I add to the problem???
    Did you have an official exclusion letter? On that letter is the person you can contact in the LEA.
    It seems to me that the school are on dodgy grounds excluding a child they think is SEN, you should only exclude if you have explored all other avenues and put a behaviour management plan in place to support him. They should not be diagnosing either, the only people who can do that are paediatricians, supported by educational psychologists, special needs experts etc..
    There is a group called 'parent partnership' who can help parents, support them at meetings etc... They know what can and can't happen ...they have a website where you can find a local contact, even if it is just to talk through everything.
    The SENS department at the LEA is another place to contact regarding the way forward.
    I am assuming your little boy is already on the special needs register?
    Lots of little alarm bells on this, like why are they school only telling you now? Why haven't you had discussions before around possible special needs? What outside agencies do the school plan to involve to support him?
    Try not to be too upset, he needed to know that you were not pleased with his behaviour last week.
    Don't jump to conclusions about the Aspergers, it will take a lot of consultations with a paediatrician before he will be diagnosed, it could be all sorts of things....even just learning how to control his feelings.

7. Likes dawn100 liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just checking your son is 6 yo and what year group. I would be demanding to know why they have not informed you before this they think he may have a special need. Where is the senco involvement?

I can also recommend parents in partnership if you only make 1 call tomorrow make it to them. Put it in Google and your area they will be able to help
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

The school can support you by putting what is known as iep plan. Individual education plan they are done for each term, all your gp can do is a referral to paediatric consultant. They will ask that both you and school complete a questionnaire and will also arrange for observations by psychologist, speech and language therapist etc all of this will take quite some time. If you get a diagnosis then it is up to you if you would like your son to have a SEN statement. Part of the SEN assessment process is collecting evidence which is why the IEP plans are a good idea to get started now. Where I am in Birmingham it takes 26 weeks for the SEN assessment process. We decided to have the SEN statement for our son so that the schools have to accommodate him and meet his needs plus he is moving to secondary school this September and the school that he would like to attend and the one that we preferred we were half mile outside catchment area and having the statement means he will get in.

The way the school meets my sons needs at present is that should he get stressed and worked up he can leave the room to calm down. The TA helps him start to do homework, he has lack of concentration and he gets rewarded with 5 minutes computer time if he concentrates and works well. Plus when he will be doing sats papers he will be able to do it in a smaller room with less distraction and have extra time.

Please feel free to pm me if you wish

Deb
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes was an offical letter plus he actually meant to hurt another child school doesnt tolorent that
    Which is fine I do understand that . No this is the first time school has meantion it to me and got docs tomorrow
    His now got to see this women every day and ill see her after school shes got a lot of experience
    And got a son whos got aspergus so is very clued up I m going to feel a lot better tomorrow seeing the women
    And doctors aswell
    Thank u to everyone
    I don't know how to feel what to do but
    Thank u everyone ill keep u all updated tomorrow

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kims kingdom,
    Reading this I feel like you could be the mummy to my sons long lost twin, also six with problems at school, literally everything you have described has happened to me and my son as done, the only thing different is the school never excluded my son, they were fab and worked very hard with myself to find out why it was happening and how we could change his pattern of behaviour. He also attends a lunch club and spends every sfternoon in his nurture group, so is only in his class in the mornings. Please please feel free to private message me for any advice or support, I would be more than happy to talk it through with you. Some of the things my son did would turn your hair grey and I felt at the end of my tether and cried on school pick up on a number of occasions. He has improved dramatically, there is light at the end of the tunnel and things will get better. As I said you are welcome to pm me and we can chat x

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaicosMummy View Post
    Hi Kims kingdom,
    Reading this I feel like you could be the mummy to my sons long lost twin, also six with problems at school, literally everything you have described has happened to me and my son as done, the only thing different is the school never excluded my son, they were fab and worked very hard with myself to find out why it was happening and how we could change his pattern of behaviour. He also attends a lunch club and spends every sfternoon in his nurture group, so is only in his class in the mornings. Please please feel free to private message me for any advice or support, I would be more than happy to talk it through with you. Some of the things my son did would turn your hair grey and I felt at the end of my tether and cried on school pick up on a number of occasions. He has improved dramatically, there is light at the end of the tunnel and things will get better. As I said you are welcome to pm me and we can chat x
    Thank u
    his been referred could take two months but the school have saud that they will treat him
    as if he is and go from there I would love more advise on it as ive looked a bit inline already
    it seems like because its such a ray of different signs etc that I cant just read up on my son
    so im going to write down everything that he does how he reacts in different
    Situations and go from there but if anyone has advise be very grateful.
    And in a way im a bit pleased as the school will help him and not exclude him anymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12