Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Safety checks

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Safety checks

Ive been looking for a list of requirements that's needed for set up of my home for childminding and ofsted expectations, but I can't find anything. Just like to know whats expected for inspection. Sorry if it sounds daft question

Angela

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very difficult to answer not knowing your home. Pretty sure ofsted will go over things at the first visit.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should get information like that from your introduction to childminding course - have you done your training yet?

Non childminder member
    Carer
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my business course to go. Not really gone into full detail of things required. Obviously first aid kit, safety gate, I don't use my fire ever so don't need a fire guard. Fire blanket. My wall we are just going to remove the loose bricks for now and put it in risk assessment. I have double glazed doors so I'm assuming it is safety glass. Have a clutter free house. A step so little ones can reach the sink to wash hands.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aella851 View Post
    Just my business course to go. Not really gone into full detail of things required. Obviously first aid kit, safety gate, I don't use my fire ever so don't need a fire guard. Fire blanket. My wall we are just going to remove the loose bricks for now and put it in risk assessment. I have double glazed doors so I'm assuming it is safety glass. Have a clutter free house. A step so little ones can reach the sink to wash hands.
    There is no list of things required as every child and every setting is different. Good way to risk assess is to go round on your knees and look at everything from a toddler/baby angle. Trailing cables? Cupboard contents? are your radiators burning hot in winter (can you turn them down?), where do you keep cleaning chemicals/medicines?, sharp pointy bits on fireplace? check toys/resources are safe/appropriate, doors and windows- do you lock them or not? where are the keys etc etc then the same in your garden if you have one.