Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uniform or not?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default uniform or not?

Hi have just ordered a couple of polo shirts with my logo Tasha's Tots Childminding and embroidered pic of girl and boy on from vista print not arrived yet, wondering how many of you out there wear a uniform and what your views are?what are the quality of vista print polo shirts.Tashx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a uniform because I am me and not an institution. I didn't wear a uniform when I was mum to my two when they were younger.

I do have clothes I wear for work though so it doesn't matter if something happens to them.

I haven't ordered polo shirts from Vista Print so I don't know.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like uniform for adults who care for young children. Where is the stimulation when your adult looks and feels the same every day, I deliberately wear different textures and colours especially when caring for the very young.
    Don't get me started on nurseries, how can it be right when every adult looks and feels exactly the same?
    Sorry, it is my pet hate so hence the rant.
    Not ordered stuff from vista print.

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't wear logos etc but I did purchase trousers and a couple of tops from DP for childminding. For me it meant I had to make a little effort everyday otherwise I would just throw anything together.
    CWR

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rickysmith. A childminder is meant to be a home from home situation (well used to be when i started) I didn't wear a uniform when mine were young and wouldn't now, just clothes that I don't worry too much about getting glue and paint on.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have polo shirts that I wear for work with Little Legs Childminding embroidered on them.
    I have had lots of positive comments from parents and the public so I'm happy with them, they weren't from vista though.

My husbands work tshirts were from vista, he just has the company name embroidered, no logo, they seem fine to me.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I agree with Rickysmith. A childminder is meant to be a home from home situation (well used to be when i started) I didn't wear a uniform when mine were young and wouldn't now, just clothes that I don't worry too much about getting glue and paint on.
    wearing a top with a business logo or name on doesnt change the home from home situation. It doesnt change the person wearing it or the home they are working from. Its no different to wearing a top with a branded logo on.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just think polo shorts are horrible and unflattering and would never choose to wear one!

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminder uniform

Thanks for your views, fair points about being yourself not like a nursery etc I was thinking from the advertising side of things to let people see I am a childminder when out and about and be proud of my little business and try to attract some interest my way?
    Tashx

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One day, when I was walking to school with a baby, two toddlers and several schoolies of varying ages and nationalities, it was suggested that I wore a t-shirt that said "I am not a chav mother, I am a registered childminder!"

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    One day, when I was walking to school with a baby, two toddlers and several schoolies of varying ages and nationalities, it was suggested that I wore a t-shirt that said "I am not a chav mother, I am a registered childminder!"
    x
    xx

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tash 1 View Post
    Thanks for your views, fair points about being yourself not like a nursery etc I was thinking from the advertising side of things to let people see I am a childminder when out and about and be proud of my little business and try to attract some interest my way?
    Tashx
    In the holidays/when I think somewhere is going to be busy the kids all wear tshirts with my phone no on the back - safety and free advertising
    xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just think polo shorts are horrible and unflattering and would never choose to wear one!
    snap! i used to have polo shirts with 'NNEB NANNY' on them when i was a nanny, and wore them for years, then once i stopped nannying i looked at them and thought 'how could i wear those?'

i am today, wearing a tshirt that says 'registered childminder' on the back, but mostly i wear my own clothes ( that i usually only wear for work ) with a badge from NMCA that says i am a childminder & my name. i do think of it as advertising.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

It does work tash, I've had 2 enquiries just from my tshirts, on from the school & one from the nursery I collect & drop off at.

Bridey, that is funny! And to be honest, another good reason for them! I have a child who regularly throws tantrums and can scream to the high heavens, at least with my t shirt showing I'm a childminder I get less disapproving looks from other parents lol.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree they aren't the most flattering but to be honest they are comfortable to wear and I don't have to worry about pulling my top around until I'm comfy (if that makes sense?!)

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminder uniform

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    It does work tash, I've had 2 enquiries just from my tshirts, on from the school & one from the nursery I collect & drop off at.

Bridey, that is funny! And to be honest, another good reason for them! I have a child who regularly throws tantrums and can scream to the high heavens, at least with my t shirt showing I'm a childminder I get less disapproving looks from other parents lol.
    Maybe I will wear polo with channel scarf and jimmy choos lol

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tash 1 View Post
    Maybe I will wear polo with channel scarf and jimmy choos lol

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post

Maybe get a t-shirt printed with an arrow on it saying "That one isn't mine"!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe get a t-shirt printed with an arrow on it saying "That one isn't mine"!

may 12
    Non childminder member
    12 may 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

i have my own fleece with little stars childminder on i love it and have comments about it too .... ive thought of getting my mindees tops too for when we go out to trips to zoo ect and to also use when we gule stick and paint saves their tops that mum and dad send them in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast