Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uniform or not?

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a combo of polo shirts, fleeces and zip up hoodies with my logo embroidered on them but I don't feel it's a uniform as such. I am still a home from home setting but prefer to have something practical yet professional to put on and be able to concentrate on the kids instead of worrying about what I'm wearing. As for them not being flattering that all depends on what shape you are I prefer to be covered up and not have my bulges showing in a tight Tshirt!
    My tops are all in different colours and I wear them with jeans, combats, shorts etc. so not like I look like the same every day, actually one of my lo's used to like stroking my logo when he had his bottle and cuddles.
    Wish I had a sense of style and was able to look good in anything- hats off to those who do- but I don't and as long as I look clean (mostly, lol!) and presentable and am comfy in what I'm wearing my looks aren't really my priority.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateChip View Post
    I have a combo of polo shirts, fleeces and zip up hoodies with my logo embroidered on them but I don't feel it's a uniform as such. I am still a home from home setting but prefer to have something practical yet professional to put on and be able to concentrate on the kids instead of worrying about what I'm wearing. As for them not being flattering that all depends on what shape you are I prefer to be covered up and not have my bulges showing in a tight Tshirt!
    My tops are all in different colours and I wear them with jeans, combats, shorts etc. so not like I look like the same every day, actually one of my lo's used to like stroking my logo when he had his bottle and cuddles.
    Wish I had a sense of style and was able to look good in anything- hats off to those who do- but I don't and as long as I look clean (mostly, lol!) and presentable and am comfy in what I'm wearing my looks aren't really my priority.
    Exactly what I was trying to say

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have since starting childminding 6 years ago worn polo shirts with my business name on, my assistants also wear the polo shirts with childminders assistant on them.

When we go on trips the children all wear the same colour t-shirt with the settings name on the front and on the back "I'm with my childminder" and my phone number on. Although my daughter has to be different and has "Childminders Daughter" on the back.

I have had many comments from parents and other childminders and all say what a fantastic idea. Ofsted said on their visit that it was excellent and it all goes towards safeguarding the children.

In easter I purchased caps for the children, It is so easy to head count when out on the park.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
    I have since starting childminding 6 years ago worn polo shirts with my business name on, my assistants also wear the polo shirts with childminders assistant on them.

When we go on trips the children all wear the same colour t-shirt with the settings name on the front and on the back "I'm with my childminder" and my phone number on. Although my daughter has to be different and has "Childminders Daughter" on the back.

I have had many comments from parents and other childminders and all say what a fantastic idea. Ofsted said on their visit that it was excellent and it all goes towards safeguarding the children.

In easter I purchased caps for the children, It is so easy to head count when out on the park.

i like that idea. where did you get them from please?

we currently wear hi-viz when we are out, and i am finding more and more groups of children with hi-viz on ( which is a good thing for large numbers of children ) but its less easy to spot mine

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

I do like the kids tshirts idea but that must cost quite a bit, doesn't it?! Just because they grow so quick and go through clothes so easy?

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

if i have vacancies coming up (usually around June/July for September) then the promo clothes and car magnets come out,other than that it's not for me but i certainly don't see any wrong in it for others

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not my thing, I think I'd feel a prune in uniform. Each to their own, though

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have t-shirts with my lion on and that I am a registered childminder on - all for the reasons as above - advertising, to look professional, so I have clothes that are for work so it doesn't matter if they get paint etc on.
    I do feel a 'prune' wearing it to be honest and don't wear them that often. BUT I don't feel like its a 'uniform' because I am the only one who wears it. it is a blue t-shirt with a picture of a darker blue lion on it - my logo is drawn as a childs painting so its supposed to be fun. It's no different from just wearing jeans a t-shirt.
    I was recently at an event where some childminders from a particular area were wearing group polo shirts - they looked smart, professional and stood out.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default T-Shirts

I got my T-Shirts from a site called Logosrusltd.com. There are plenty of printing places. I get my childrens hoodies including printing for £12. T-Shirts I think are around £5

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    One day, when I was walking to school with a baby, two toddlers and several schoolies of varying ages and nationalities, it was suggested that I wore a t-shirt that said "I am not a chav mother, I am a registered childminder!"
    That's so funny, made me really chuckle. X

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been there: "this screamer isn't mine!"

I'm split with the uniform. Advertising is good and it's just plain easier to throw it on at 6am in the morning...
    But I don't want to resemble the local nursery. Not because I have anything against uniform in particular, but I am proud not to be a nursery and don't want to look as though I am a nursery wannabe, 'cause I'm not.

Maybe I could get the above as a small print on a t-shirt.
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I want a.t shirt that says

yes and they all have different fathers !

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a uniform and regret it now as can get pretty worried if someone sees me and don't get the full picture or a person who just hates me and takes my details down to complain to ofsted :-( not happened yet but i do worry if it will as they seem to investigate any complaint they get even if it is parents who don't pay or just someone who takes a dislike to you and makes it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12