Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default would you still charge?

i have 3 families at the moment = 3 mindees

i have just been booking my leave, im having a wk off in july as family are visiting and 2 weeks in aug as coming back to uk to see family (hubby in raf & living in cyprus at the moment)

family 1 = is having 2 wks of in aug same time as me, now because booking flights etc she know im having 2 wks off same as her so said theres no fee due to me not willing to work as im having leave

family 2 = ive just booked whole 3 wks off as they have no holidays booked and have said no fees

family 3 = now this family came to me first to say their having 1st 3 wks of aug off. now first wk will be half fees as im not on leave that week. but do i charge half fees for following 2 wks when im on leave because she doesnt know im having those 2 wks as leave or no fees because im on leave?

xxx

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

What does it say in your contract with regards to holidays? xxx
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you're saying but I could not treat one family different to the others so as you are not charging the other two families I wouldn't charge the third family either.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do the same as Miffy...... but this is part of the reason why I do half fees for my holiday and their holiday so I dont get into this position as I always used to feel the parents were waiting for me to book holiday so they didnt have to pay anything

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me,

Family number 3 booked their time off before you booked yours off and therefore will expect to pay. The other 2 families have booked time off in response to your booked holiday and therefore no charge

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if your contract is no fee when you are not working I'd have to be honest and not charge
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are charging half fee for hols are yours not half fee anyway

In answer to your questions, mine pay full fee if they book the holiday so I would still charge but you have to be prepared to have them if she needs you hmmmmmmmm
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't charge It seems unfair that the other two families aren't being charged and this one is just because they booked the time off first, and I would feel bad. Also I would feel I would have to watch what I was saying about my holiday if they didn't know I was away, and would be bound to drop myself in it

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If the parents ever got to talking they may just drop you right in it.

I would treat them all the same.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Feb 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally where holiday is concerned if I am not available to work I do not charge, If I am available for work and they book holiday I charge.

Post Thanks / Like

I charge for their holidays because i am keeping there space open but not my holidays because they have to find someone else for that time.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tashaleee View Post
    I would do the same as Miffy...... but this is part of the reason why I do half fees for my holiday and their holiday so I dont get into this position as I always used to feel the parents were waiting for me to book holiday so they didnt have to pay anything
    Thats why I charge full fee for all our holidays now

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christinegrout View Post
    I charge for their holidays because i am keeping there space open but not my holidays because they have to find someone else for that time.
    Parents don't always have to find care when you are off, mine always book the same time as me so they don't have to bother with alternative care.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=tashaleee;936587]I would do the same as Miffy...... but this is part of the reason why I do half fees for my holiday and their holiday so I dont get into this position as I always used to feel the parents were waiting for me to book holiday so they didnt have to pay anything
    [/QUOTE]

On the other side of the coin, i dread to think what my tax bill would be if 5 weeks unpaid holiday did not bring my gross for the year earnings down.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't charge if they take holidays same time as me but I do charge full pay if you take holidays when I am availabe for work. This is discussed prior to exchange of contracts.
    CWR

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't charge if I can't work, so therefore if I'm away - no fee.

I know where you're coming from, though....I give my parents a list of holiday dates at the start of the year, so ideally they will go away at the same time.

No one pays so this seems fair to me.

However during the school holidays I work, I do have a sense that they don't tell me if they will be away till the last minute, just in case I decide I am away and then they won't be charged iyswim. But I have to say, fairs fair, I would do the same in their shoes too!

Imagine if you charged them and then their holiday got cancelled, what would you say then