Ideas on what i should charge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas on what i should charge

I have a child when she is at school and when she is off school, mum is not happy that it is going to cost her a fortune when the child is off school in the holidays, please can you advise what you would charge for this
    6.45am start until 3.45 (ish normallu 4pm finish) 5 days a week,
    ii dont normally start work until 7.30am, please advise

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge my normal hours from 7.30, and at least time and a half from 6.45. Surely she must have realised that she is going to have to pay much more for childcare during the hols. Perhaps she has someone family or friend, who could help out some of the days, thats what some of my parents of schoolies do

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good:-)
    Post Thanks / Like

How strange, does she not realise you have to pay someone to look after your children if you can't!!
    I would charge my hourly rate also. You are not doing her a favour, its a business. She doesn't have to use you. What about holiday clubs? Sometimes the local authority run subsidised holiday schemes maybe she could find out.

When one of mine started to make a fuss I printed off alternatives for her to look at. She hasn't mentioned it since

oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what my husband said to me, i am running a business, she kicks off all the time when holidays come round and i am always left feeling guilty, then she throws in my face she knows other childminders that charge less and other childminders that are more flexible etc, last week i even said to her go and find another childminder then She is just one of those mums that want it all for nothing, she even told me i had a very well paid, easy job

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kerrypriest View Post
    She is just one of those mums that want it all for nothing, she even told me i had a very well paid, easy job
    If its that easy then why doesnt she become a CM, then she would have a very easy, well paid job too....think her eyes would be well and truly opened

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

advise her to try the out of school h oliday club - they are usually about £20 /day or she can pay full price if she wants you to come to her - cheeky woman.

You could tell her what it is now and she could put some money away each week to save up for it or she could pay you a little in advance each week now.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya.

If you are looking after the child before and after school and within the school hols, to save the parent having to pay lump sum within each of the term holidays, why don't you price up what it is going to cost for the before and after and the say 13 weeks school hols then divide it by 52 or 12, and she thens pays you each week or month, then you have a regular income coming in and she doesn't have to pay hugh amounts of childcare. I have done this with several parents and it all works out well.

Good luck Tracey

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey1 View Post
    Hiya.

If you are looking after the child before and after school and within the school hols, to save the parent having to pay lump sum within each of the term holidays, why don't you price up what it is going to cost for the before and after and the say 13 weeks school hols then divide it by 52 or 12, and she thens pays you each week or month, then you have a regular income coming in and she doesn't have to pay hugh amounts of childcare. I have done this with several parents and it all works out well.

Good luck Tracey

I do this too and then it isn't quite so much each holiday time

I would also suggest your normal rate from 7.30 if that is your start time and time and half from 6.45-7.30
    Debbie

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Def time and half for the early morning start even double time for that time. Who wants to be getting up at that time of the morning. You would have to get up much earlier that 6.45 so you need to make it worthwhile!