Confused myself help pls
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused myself help pls

Right I have set fees for siblings. 4yr old £90 every wk for up to 5 before sch and 5 afterschool sessions and for 3 full days during school holidays and for the 7yr old £3.75 for hours used.

In school holidays I only work Wed-Fri so that would be the 3 full days usually.

Next wk (sch hols) I am taking the Thu off to take my kids to see Santa at Gullivers for the day. So what would I charge for the 4yr old? Would I just charge £60 not the £90 (my hols unpaid)? Or should I offer to work the Mon or Tue to replace the Thu?

Didn't consider this while writing the contract

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confused myself help pls

Hi,
    What would suit you best? If possible do that, then tell the parents that's what you are doing and why and get it written into the contract and signed by the parents
    Do the parents think it will always be wed to Fri in the hols? Or any 3 days of their choice? Or whichever 3 days you are available? Or that ou will offar an alternative if something comes up....
    I'd be looking at it as unpaid holiday if it was me and I usually worked those 3 days, because I'd rather have the day off unpaid than work one of my 'free' days.

Really up to you and partly dependent on what the parents have understood the situation to be, how they'll take it etc...

Not sure i've been any help, but I hope it works out the way that suits you best

wendy

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

If it would be good for you to offer an alternative day so you still get the full amount of fees then do that, if however it is no good for the parents don't think you could really charge as it is you that is taking the day off and the parent has to find alternative childcare Hope your lo's enjoy their visit

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

if you do decide to offer the alternative day then make it very clear that this is not a day you would normally mind. If they think you can be flexible to suit yourself then they might expect you to swap days and be flexible when it suits them too. Not sure that made sense , sorry!

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a child on a Monday and Friday every week but mum asked if I would consider swapping all day Friday for half a day on Tuesday. I have happily agreed as I will have Chistmas eve off and still get usual fees.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareg View Post
    If it would be good for you to offer an alternative day so you still get the full amount of fees then do that, if however it is no good for the parents don't think you could really charge as it is you that is taking the day off and the parent has to find alternative childcare Hope your lo's enjoy their visit
    i agree to xx
    One life live it

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would depend on a couple of things! If you don't usually work on a monday and tuesday then mum may already have alternative arrangements in place for those days, so may not want to swap - plus does it suit you to swap a day? or would you be better just not working Thursday, and taking it as holiday - in which case, then I would charge £60 for Weds and Fri!!

Hope your kids enjoy the visit to see Santa