Checking hourly charge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking hourly charge

Hi i have a new parent coming to see me on Monday and just wanted to check if what i want to charge her seems ok.

She has a 2 year old who i want to charge £4 a hour.

She has a 4 year old who will be at school but will come to me at 8 and i will take him to school and pick him up at 3.15 and have him till 6. I wanted to charge £5 a hour so works out at £13.75 a day. When it is the holidays and inset days i was going to charge £3.80 a hour.

Does this seem ok and do you charge extra for food?

Should i be charging for bank holidays as i do not at the moment and was thinking maybe i should?

TheBTeam Guest

Default Re: Checking hourly charge

Hi at a quick glance the £13.75 is only the after school bit of 2.75hrs and doesnt allow for the time that you will need before 3.15 to leave the house to go and get them, i would charge for a minimum of 3 hours in the evening 3-6pm plus at least an hour in the morning 8-9 and therefore 4 hours a day =£20min

I would also get them to provide an evening meal if they want them to have one or charge at least £2 per person, depends if you want to be cooking etc for them.

I would try for bank holiday pay if you can get it, but prob wouldnt be prepared to lose a contract over it.

onceinabluemoon Guest

I think it probably depends where you live. Normal hourly rate where I live is around £3 to £3.50 and no way would we get £5 an hour for a before and after schooler. But in your area you may. What general area (county?) are you in?

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Your business your rules.

But why only £3.80 for school holidays ? and why not round the school wrap around care figure up, so that you are not dealing with odd amounts of pence on your bill.

APR 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Than you for your answers. I am in Hampshire and that is the going rate around here. I meant to put £18.75 a day as i forgot to add the morning on. I put that i would charge £3.80 a hour in the hols as £5 was too much and i thought it needed to be cheaper than his sister as i would have the two of them.

I do not mind doing dinner as i will need to cook it for my own children so was just wondering do i charge extra?

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it really depends on where you live. I charge £3.50ph but for before and after school I charge session prices, £5 for 7.30-9am and £10 for 3-6pm. This seems to be working well so far, only have one after schooler at the moment, coming 3-5.30pm but parent was happy with the £10 charge.

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marie U View Post
    Than you for your answers. I am in Hampshire and that is the going rate around here. I meant to put £18.75 a day as i forgot to add the morning on. I put that i would charge £3.80 a hour in the hols as £5 was too much and i thought it needed to be cheaper than his sister as i would have the two of them.

I do not mind doing dinner as i will need to cook it for my own children so was just wondering do i charge extra?
    I would charge for dinner maybe even round to twenty pound and include dinner