School holidays charges
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default School holidays charges

Hi, I've been asked to look after a 4 year old girl who will start part-time at school in September. She will start full-time in January when I will then have her for an hour before school and two hours after school Monday to Thursday.

Mum has asked what I would charge for the school holidays as her and her husband would cover some of them. I'm not sure what to charge - do I charge only when I have her, and then try and find someone for the other weeks?

Helen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: School holidays charges

Ive just signed a 19mth old mindee for term time only (her mum is a teacher) and we agreed for full fee during term time and half fees during the holidays. For me this is great as i have 4 of my own children aged 8 and under and will have one other mindee a day during holidays, so one less is a good thing iykwim

Congrats

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

most of mine are term time only.

i have contracts set to term time only fees then pay as use pending on spaces for school hols or parents can pay a retainer to garantee their place.

2 pay the retainer then pay the extra for the days used to make up the fees

the rest take their chance and pay as needed, this suits me though i do not rely on cm fees to pay the bills.

work it so you are able to manage on your earnings.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine are term time only as well and then I have holiday children.

What you could do is see how much of the holidays mum is going to be needing you and charge for those days. Then I don't charge for my holidays but I do charge for theirs.
    Paula

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You do what suits you best but I would have a termtime only contract and then ask her to book the child in when she needs you. If you want her and have room - but you cant guarantee the place that way. OR you could charge half for when she isnt there in the hols and full for when she is, that way you can guarantee her place.
    Deb X

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have term time only children but this one will hold up an U/5 space until the end of December.

I would work out a price of full time pay from Sept to Dec and divide it by 4 and from January a price from January - August inclusive and then you will be back in the school year cycle.

I would from January do a term time contract but it depends on whether you can fill the holidays or not. Maybe a slight increase in the date rate to help during term time.
    Debbie