Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Revised EYFS

I've just received this E Mail from my Childcare Advisor -

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to provide an update/advise you on forthcoming changes. I am sure you will be aware that alongside the revised EYFS that is being implemented in September 2012 they have also revised the Ofsted Inspection framework.

The focus of the inspection will change and you will be expected to demonstrate good Leadership and Management skills, as well as good CPD. You need to demonstrate reflective practice and impact, how you develope your skills and knowledge. You need to have a very good understanding of how children learn, what children learn & what activities you provide to assist in this. They will also be looking at children’s starting points, how you know and how you assess them, as well as how you demonstrate progress.

They are also removing all Conditions of Registration from your Certificates and will be writing to you shortly to explain this. However there will be the expectation that you will be familiar with the requirements of the EYFS and therefore know what is expected of you and the numbers of children you can care for, taking into consideration any children you may have of your own and the space you have available. I hope you have taken the opportunity to attend or are booked to attend one of the EYFS Briefings being offered as we have printed the Statutory Requirement of the Revised EYFS for you to ensure you are well aware of your legal responsibilities.

- I'm booked onto one of the session's to learn more about the revised EYFS next month. Hopefully I'll understand it all a bit better after that, then again maybe not!

Penny1959 Guest

It is good that you are being offered some training and information.

I hope your advisors understand the revised EYFS

Come back and tell us what they say

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

Training here is not being offered until after revised EYFS comes into force so what you're being offered sounds quite good to me.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

- I'm booked onto one of the session's to learn more about the revised EYFS next month. Hopefully I'll understand it all a bit better after that, then again maybe not! [/QUOTE]

Don't bank on it, did mine saturday we all came away with a headache, small changes where things are now" must " do and new part ing p&p for safeguarding inregards to camera and mobile phones.

Think I would say clear as murky water, perhaps when I read it again I will get it
    Cath

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did mine (2hour session) last week, waste of time!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I did mine (2hour session) last week, waste of time!
    Same hereThey more or less just pointed out the main headings & changes! I could have read it for myself

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did mine last week and it was good - although they didn't tell me anything I didnt know they did make me start giving some thought to how I am going to implement it and gave us a list of paperwork we should have (ironically as it is supposed to be removing paperwork)!

I think they are trying to work out what's what just as we are - they knew nothing about ofsted removing ratios and that we can decide our own variations, I had to explain all that to the class!

Aug 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble is, unless the trainers receive training direct from the DFES or OFSTED (not happening that, is it?!) they only know what they've read from the revised EYFS itself & it's down to their interpretation of this.

I've been contracted to deliver a set of 3 EYFS workshops through NDNA to a group of nursery practitioners. The only training I've received is a one day conference from WSCC which consisted of a keynote speech from Bernadette Duffy (lovely lady, dull speaker) about the Thomas Coram Foundation & the EYFS consultation and 2 out of a selection of 4 workshops exploring each of the new prime areas plus characteristics of effective learning. These were interesting but didn't teach me anything new as such.

The NDNA package consists of 3 powerpoints (Welfare Req, L&D, Progress Check at 2) summarising the key changes in each area with a few 'fun' activities thrown in. I have no information on how the person who developed powerpoints expects them to be delivered or what additional ideas need to be drawn from the delegates & there is nothing in them that any delegate who has read the revised documents won't know already! I'm relying on my sparkling personality to get me through what will otherwise be another 'death by powerpoint'!