Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Accounts Help - lots of questions sorry

I have lots of questions so please bear with me!!!

I have lots of toys that were my own childrens that are now outgrown I know you can buy them and put them through your accounts. If they are over £10 do you make up your own receipt for them?

I have approx 50 childrens books how do you know how much to put them through at?

Can you put through the playroom cabinets and what happens if you haven't got the receipt anymore would a self written one be okay?

Can I put through all my NCMA membership, course fees etc?

Do IR ever ask to see your receipts? Should I file them in date order in case?

When you put through food bills, gas/elec etc do you need to take copies of your actual bills and keep them as proof when you have worked out the percentage you claim for.

I'm useless with accounts etc I am trying to do it on my own without the help and expense of an accountant!!!

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Accounts Help - lots of questions sorry

Quote Originally Posted by mummyof3 View Post
    I have lots of questions so please bear with me!!!

I have lots of toys that were my own childrens that are now outgrown I know you can buy them and put them through your accounts. If they are over £10 do you make up your own receipt for them?

I have approx 50 childrens books how do you know how much to put them through at?
    what would you be prepared to pay for them at a boot sale?

Can you put through the playroom cabinets and what happens if you haven't got the receipt anymore would a self written one be okay?
    errm I've always kept recipets .. maybe you can sell them to yourself as olf units no longer needed in childrens rooms so using in cm room?

Can I put through all my NCMA membership, course fees etc?
    yes put it all through keep receipts

Do IR ever ask to see your receipts? Should I file them in date order in case?
    mine are stored in date order in an envelope for each tax year, you could staple them to your accounts book too

When you put through food bills, gas/elec etc do you need to take copies of your actual bills and keep them as proof when you have worked out the percentage you claim for.
    errm I dont but I keep all my bills anyway in a filing cabinet so have them if i need to prove my claims .. someone else will give you a better response

I'm useless with accounts etc I am trying to do it on my own without the help and expense of an accountant!!!

me too my Hubby checks mine for me
    hope that helps you out
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

TheBTeam Guest

If you use the ncma accounts book or similar, then it is really quite easy to do your own accounts, as it is all labelled and follows through naturally. You just need to be able to add up the figures across and down. There is a list on this forum to show what you can claim for, some all of the cost and some a percentage.

I keep things like my council tax and water rates in the relevant accounts book year, i figured that i would always know it is and would probably have thrown it out too soon if i put it anywhere else.

03/2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for being thick here, but we bought the kids a laptop about two years ago, which they no longer use because they saved up and bought themselves a newer, bigger memory, better one, i use the old laptop now for my accounts and paperwork, so can i buy that off myself and claim it as expenses? If so any ideas what a laptop 2yrs old would be worth?

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hannahsstar View Post
    Sorry for being thick here, but we bought the kids a laptop about two years ago, which they no longer use because they saved up and bought themselves a newer, bigger memory, better one, i use the old laptop now for my accounts and paperwork, so can i buy that off myself and claim it as expenses? If so any ideas what a laptop 2yrs old would be worth?
    I don't know but I'd suggest seeing if your model is on ebay and keeping an eye on the auction to see what it sells for. And then maybe knock a little bit off the selling price if it looks like there's been a bidding war which may have pushed it a little over the odds.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hannahsstar View Post
    Google it and see if it comes up - will do on ebay if there is one. If not get a similar spec. Would have thought about £100.00.
    Debbie