PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that squatters have more rights to your house than you do?

Ripeberry
26-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Even if they break in, the police won't evict them as it will infringe on their 'Human rights'.
As it's a civil matter it's up to the home owner to prove that the house is theirs :eek: and that they own it.
In parts of the country, gangs are going around taking over houses when the owners are away and changing the locks.
One familly came back from a holiday and found Romanians had taken over their house .
What would you do if you had squatters in your house? I would be livid and would drag them out by their hair, but then of course I would be done for assault.
Burglars are much less scary! :(

Hebs
26-05-2010, 07:04 PM
yes :thumbsup:

my house that i'm in now, it took over 2 years to get the squatters out bwfore i moved in :panic:

RachelE
26-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Its mad isnt it? :panic:

My sister owns a house that she rents out.
She gave the tenants their notice as she wanted to sell it. - so they stopped paying! But, she couldn't re-enter the house until they had told the agency they had handed it back to her!?

Some things just dont protect the people in the right do they?! :huh:

Rachel x

caz3007
26-05-2010, 07:37 PM
My mum had squatters break in next door. The old man had died and his dd had a buyer for it and it was going through. Took about 2 months to get them out and then they tried to come back!!!! They had totally trashed the house and destroyed everything that was left in the house from the old man.

Apparently they just cruise the area looking for a suitable property then break in and squat.

babs
26-05-2010, 07:42 PM
its crazy that you dont have any rights as a home owner, but if we came back from hoilday and found anyone in our home , well hubby and his mates would remove them regardless of what the police said it would take an army to stop them....