Did you know that squatters have more rights to your house than you do?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Did you know that squatters have more rights to your house than you do?

Even if they break in, the police won't evict them as it will infringe on their 'Human rights'.
    As it's a civil matter it's up to the home owner to prove that the house is theirs and that they own it.
    In parts of the country, gangs are going around taking over houses when the owners are away and changing the locks.
    One familly came back from a holiday and found Romanians had taken over their house .
    What would you do if you had squatters in your house? I would be livid and would drag them out by their hair, but then of course I would be done for assault.
    Burglars are much less scary!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Did you know that squatters have more rights to your house than you do?

yes

my house that i'm in now, it took over 2 years to get the squatters out bwfore i moved in
    IS BACK

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Did you know that squatters have more rights to your house than you do?

Its mad isnt it?

My sister owns a house that she rents out.
    She gave the tenants their notice as she wanted to sell it. - so they stopped paying! But, she couldn't re-enter the house until they had told the agency they had handed it back to her!?

Some things just dont protect the people in the right do they?!

Rachel x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My mum had squatters break in next door. The old man had died and his dd had a buyer for it and it was going through. Took about 2 months to get them out and then they tried to come back!!!! They had totally trashed the house and destroyed everything that was left in the house from the old man.

Apparently they just cruise the area looking for a suitable property then break in and squat.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

its crazy that you dont have any rights as a home owner, but if we came back from hoilday and found anyone in our home , well hubby and his mates would remove them regardless of what the police said it would take an army to stop them....
    Dust its Fairy Dust