YOU ALL KNOW WHAT SCARES ME BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU, WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    Are you sure you are not me?? I never go to big arena events for this reason. I would be in tears. Heights don't have to be that high either - a tall ladder will do

I faced Tintagel Castle once - cried and shook getting up to the ruins and couldn't even watch the family going near the cliff. I got a stranger to take a family photo as I knew I would never do it again! I was gripping to the stair railings, I am sure other people going the other way thought I was a loon

I went on London Eye once too - kids wanted to do it as a family. I sat down the whole time and it was ok after working myself up to it - got DD to take photos but didn't get official pic as I couldn't stand at the window

It is vertigo too as the floor goes wishy washy like being drunk and trying to walk a straight line, very dizzy. Don't like bridges (with open sides especially) for the same reason

Other than that it is spiders especially the big crunchy ones or fat bodied ones yuck!
    Went to warwick castle once didnt even try to attempt going to the top. I waited at the bottom looking after the pushchairs. Dh goes mad as my eldest ds is now suffering the same as he swears its me passing on my irrational fear
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

clowns freak me out and I'm claustrophobic , cant stand the thought of being trapped anywhere
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't like cows either couldnt walk through a field of them if on a country walk.

I also hate driving on the motorway in the rain (ive got a hosp appoint this aft and its due to rain so i am going the long way round which will prob double the amount of time it should take me too get ther!)
    driving over large bridges where you can see the edge! i always get that horrible feeling that im going to drive over the edge! lol

can't stand butterflies flapping near me, they look pretty but at a distance.

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate slugs!! lately i have been greeted by them on my conservatory floor in a morning and have no idea how they are getting in, they make me want to vomit

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    heights all the way Angel - I know its irrational but...........

I took my dd to see jls at the MEN arena and we were right at the top. OMG how I made it to my seat I dont know I had to sit there for the first couple of hours gripping the back of my seat. Getting down was comical I was shaking and sweating I must love my dd to have suffered like that
    Highs for me too
    I' aso really scared of bannisters lol, and fences that are high up. i can't bare my dd to look over high walls, or lean against fences. really freaks me

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am scared of getting drunk!

Don't get me wrong I do like to have a drink now and then but I can probably count on my hands how often I have had a drink in a year! A far cry from pre-motherhood!

I am so scared that if I go out and get drunk that something bad will happen to my kids and I will have to go to hospital in a state stumbling about, slurring and puking! (even though I have never ever got that bad in my life)

I tend to have a drink and as soon as I feel tipsy I have to stop I just can't physically drink as it makes me feel so sick and panicy.

Also I am affraid of tunnels, lifts, any situation where I feel resctricted and cannot control the situation oh and NEEDLES!!!!!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not scared of much in the natural world apart from...MAGGOTS!
    Even typing that just now brings me out in a cold sweat
    I think it all started as a child and I found a mouse on the floor. I thought it was sleeping as it's body was moving. I poked it with a stick and the 'movement' travelled to its head and out of its mouth.
    I must have run home screaming all the way

I'm also scared of large crowds and any public speaking of any kind
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Spiders

If they are on the floor Im fine. I get my son to pick them up (he loves them and wants a tarantula as a pet...er...no)
    I dont like them if them are above me as if they drop I would literally die.

I am petrified of the stripy garden spiders that sit in webs between end of Aug and October so dont go into the garden....lol
    They make their webs across things and if you dont look first you walk into them.. The thought of that just makes me want to crawl into a hole and stay there
    It stems from not liking them much to actually having one on my arm when I was about 13yrs old. We had walked down an alleyway and spotted one of these on the fence so we stopped to look at it, carried on walking, looked down and it was on my arm...Ive NEVER BEEN SO SCARED!!!!! Im sweating now

So between sept and oct I dont go out in the garden at all and when Im outside I have to constantly check everywhere so I can account where each one is....sad or what!!

toddlers896 Guest

I am petrofied of spiders. Have to put a glass over it until hubby comes home. My worst fear is flying and ime getting on a plane in two weeks. Absolutely pooping myself

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

maggots for me too...... eugh! We had our brown bin covered in them last summer and I couldn't go in the garden, or let the kids out there!

I get very panicky if I think about leaving my 2 DD's if I were to die (my mum died young) and obviously if I think of anything happening to them either, not quite a panic attack but close. I think that's probably normal though, isn't it?!?

LOOPYLISA Guest

Spiders

I am claustraphobic, only very recently though, hate crowded shops and am know to leave what im buying and go home!

Frogs, crabs, think its that they all move quickly, i also don't like flying lol

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My fear is dead birds, dead animals in general but birds are the thing that I cant handle. Also putting my head under water in the swimming pool, dont like the sound of the water round my head

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

spiders and heights all the way lol

I remember this convo coming up awhile ago - about u n ur floaters lol

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasps I am slowly getting better because I have to be the bigger person especially around the mindees to prevent them from getting a phobia.

Oh and I detest worms I can't garden or even look at them without wanting to throw up

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

ugh, i got out of the shower the other day, put a towel round me a huge great spider ran down my leg - we must be disturbing them by clearing out the cupboards ready for moving!! i screamed, Arla screamed it wasn't pretty!!
    other than spinders i'mscared of things that fly at my face and heights if i am standing on an edge - i can do flying and parachuting fine though!!
    Blessed Be!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Motorways.

Its the junctions, especially when you are in the 'slow' lane and then the line goes solid because that is the lane getting off and then you have to pull out and all the cars are coming so fast in the mirror and then you're too far out and need to get back in so you can get off but those cars are going slower than you and how are you meant to do that! I honestly cannot do it. It's not even funny.

Last time I did it I had a massive panic attack and struggled not to pass out I was so scared. So obviously I do not go on them. For everyones sake!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Spiders and having blood tests. More the veins than the needle I think!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be a superhero as I'm not scared of anything

Although

OFSTED

Only joking

Carol xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charleyfarley View Post
    I must be a superhero as I'm not scared of anything :

Although

OFSTED :

Only joking

Carol xxx
    Superhero?

Where are you when we need you then , should you not appear from no where to help us when we are scared and to remove whatever we are scared off

Can imagine you coming through the air in a superhero costume Carol

Angel xx

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Superhero?

Where are you when we need you then , should you not appear from no where to help us when we are scared and to remove whatever we are scared off

Can imagine you coming through the air in a superhero costume Carol

Angel xx
    You know I'd rescue you from your floaters if I could

Wonder what my superhero name could be???? I'd have to have a flattering costume too of course

Carol xxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast