Alcohol and Drugs Policy ... Help needed!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    23/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Alcohol and Drugs Policy ... Help needed!!

Hello, I am currently (madly) writing policies before my pre-reg visit (I know I dont have to have them all before Mrs O's arrival, but I am trying to get ahead of the game!!

I have a question.... I am putting a statement in my policy that If I deem it unsafe for the child to go into the parents care when they come to collect then (due to drinking or drugs) I wont let them go home. I will keep them in my care until another responsible adult comes to collect them, failing that until I can contact social services.

Is this ok to put? I am guessing If I am that concerned about a childs welfare then I would ring social services and Ofsted anyway?

Thanks in advance

Oct 012
    Post Thanks / Like

i got the same policy. Its a tricky situation that one! We all want children to be safe whilst in our care so i dont think none of us would let a child go with someone if they were drunk/incapable. If we have concerns I don't see why it be a problem if we ask for another responsible person to collect. or why we can't inform nform ofsted/social services

Mind you im a newbie to all this so dont take my word for it!
    Last edited by lovechildcare1; 18-07-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

By law we cant stop them. But we can call the police and tell them someone is driving under the influence.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told I cant stop them taking the child but could put in the policy the following:-

"I cannot stop you taking your child but once you leave my premises I will contact Social Care to report it"