Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuff Spot and stand wanted

I am probably the only childminder on here who doesn't have one of these, but I am after a Tuff Spot with a stand. I have seen them on the TTS website and in their catalogue, but I think they're quite expensive for what they are. The stand is over £54 ex VAT!

I have found a tuff spot on Amazon for £10, but now I need a stand. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one fairly cheaply?

Apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

could you just elavate it on a childs table or a box?

I agree the stands are very expensive and i'm not sure they'll even fit the cheaper tuff spots.

I got mine from Wicks (standless)

xx

Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do have some small tables it could stand on. May do that to begin with, but would like a stand to use in the garden.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a cheap plastic table that I use in the garden. And instead of a tuff spot I have a plant pot tray. It is large and round and plastic and does the job very well and cost me about £8 from a garden centre.

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    I have a cheap plastic table that I use in the garden. And instead of a tuff spot I have a plant pot tray. It is large and round and plastic and does the job very well and cost me about £8 from a garden centre.
    thats what i use. i have a square compost tray each side about 1metre, i just put it on a little table i have in the garden, mine was about £5 i think

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I use an underbed storage box. I pop the lid on overnight to keep the contents clean (and dry).

June 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had to google this as I had never heard of them! I have however seen one in action at one of my mindee's nursery Look good but agree they aren't exactly cheap.

Jacqui

onceinabluemoon Guest

I use a 1m by 1m composting tray too, its exactly the right size for 3 little ones and doesn't cost a fortune to fill up with stuff like shaving foam or whatever, we've even been known to use it for filling posts with compost, lol

I think it was about a fiver too.

Could you get one of these and have someoone knock you up a wooden frame?

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a cement mixing tray from Tool Station, very cheap and strong.

I put it on the playroom table indoors and I take the table outside when I want to use it out there, I put one of those non slip mats under the tray, works a treat

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the tts trays and adjustable stand, I was lucky enough to win it locally on ebay for a fiver, also had the minibeast mat and a cover, but the cover was ripped, need to get a new one so we can leave it out overnight. So it is always worth keeping an eye open on there. Before that we used the builders tray from wickes and it does fit the stand but the tts trays have a slightly deeper inside. We tend to use one for messy stuff outside and the other one with the stand, mats and smallworld inside, it does take up quite a bit of room though when up.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the stand and tray from tts about 3yrs ago and its still going strong but was expensive though,, the lid was rubbish, a peice of plastic which easily ripped so my OH cut me a lid from ply shaping it to the top of the tuff spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoBelle View Post
    I

I have found a tuff spot on Amazon for £10, but now I need a stand. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one fairly cheaply?
    The stands don't fit all tuff spots so beware - I have a proper stand and tuff spot from tts and also a cheaper tuff spot from the builders merchants, this one doesn't fit the stand.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

This is strange because I was only thinking of something like this today

I have no soil in my garden and wanted something like this to put soil on for kids to dig in, at the moment they use a cat litter tray. Remember my dad having something like this for mixing concrete on.

Like the idea of the large seed tray, may need to investgate wilkinsons.
    Nicki xxx

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a compost tray,I put it on a plastic patio table that we were going to get rid of.My hubby cut the legs to make it shorter for the children, it works great and didn't cost a fortune.

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1956 View Post
    I use a compost tray,I put it on a plastic patio table that we were going to get rid of.My hubby cut the legs to make it shorter for the children, it works great and didn't cost a fortune.
    That's a really good idea