Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Losing the plot with dhc unit2 :'(

im struggling to answer a-d properly
    cant find much on goggle my coursebook dont seem help .. i think im just brain dead ... dont help i got quite bit going on at home and not got morning off to concentrate on coursework -as parent said oh mum not having her as she only got 1 day and needs study !! .. and i dont love? ?grrrr
    To Dare Is To Do

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

can you tell us what the question says? i havnt done dhc2 but have done dhc1 and cypop2 so may be able to help xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

D
    Explain how to implement children's rights in the home-based setting

C
    Explain why it is important to promote children's rights in the home-based setting

B (told use theorists but cant find handout so no clue whom they are :s)
    Analyse the role of the practitioner in promoting children's rights

A (this is major 1 i stuck on - told ref to eyfs)
    Evaluate the impact of recent and relevant research on children's rights in relation to practice

i just blank and so stressed i cant think - even goggled to see if i could get push in right direction but getting nowhere
    i get matter few hours in mornings to do it, im goning tackle as much as can now and then again after work (well dinner as have dinner basically soon kids leave lol) x
    Last edited by Annie_T; 02-02-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    To Dare Is To Do

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_T View Post
    D

C
    Explain why it is important to promote children's rights in the home-based setting

Evaluate the impact of recent and relevant research on children's rights in relation to practice

i just blank and so stressed i cant think - even goggled to see if i could get push in right direction but getting nowhere
    i get matter few hours in mornings to do it, im goning tackle as much as can now and then again after work (well dinner as have dinner basically soon kids leave lol) x
    hon, if you are really struggling I would give the tutor a call and also ask her for a copy of the handouts (or ask another student).

take one question at a time. try google scholar for the theorists. Depends what children's rights you talk about. I'm guessing you have about 2000 words??? Def. need to look at Children's Act and UN Convention (on the Rights of the child). When you look at these you will see what practices we have that come directly from these two pieces of legislation. Choose the practices you want to discuss and then you will find the theories that relate to them.

But def. book some tutorial time with your tutor
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    hon, if you are really struggling I would give the tutor a call and also ask her for a copy of the handouts (or ask another student).

take one question at a time. try google scholar for the theorists. Depends what children's rights you talk about. I'm guessing you have about 2000 words??? Def. need to look at Children's Act and UN Convention (on the Rights of the child). When you look at these you will see what practices we have that come directly from these two pieces of legislation. Choose the practices you want to discuss and then you will find the theories that relate to them.

But def. book some tutorial time with your tutor

dont have a tutor to call.
    only know 2 other people on course whom talk to outside of it and have asked 1 about theorists - just wait to hear bk. but otherwise im completely stuck as i really cant remember doing much on theorists in class- prob when i was dozed up on pain killers from op lol,
    im only tacking 1 at time but coz i cant answer 1 properly i cant answer rest - or im just being silly today and cant see thinks in front of me lol.
    To Dare Is To Do

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

no start with A hon, and that will get you there. how come you have no tutor/support???

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    no start with A hon, and that will get you there. how come you have no tutor/support???
    done via a class once month booked via ncma, tutor never given number to call for help if needed (we have had different tutor for each unit too) for whatever reason.

i cant start with A as that is worse one for me lol
    im bloomin useles may as well give up tbh x
    To Dare Is To Do

dec 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dhc 2

Hi,
    Dont give up or beat yourself up about not being able to think straight.
    Unit 2 was the hardest for me when i did the DHC.
    All the info on the rights etc. totally baffled me. Especially as I hadn't been in a
    classroom environment for nearly 22 years!

OK The unit is all about the rights of the child etc.
    You need to look at the UNCRC and The Children's Act. These list the rights of the child. Try and write something about them maybe list some of the rights. Then think about how you could promote the children rights in your setting such as by giving the children the opportunity to reach their full potential- by changing an activity to suit a child’s age & stage of development, or by offering further resources or by offering the child more attention and support than others in a particular activity or routine.

By having certain policy's in place that protect the child's rights, eg. safeguarding policy- Right to be safe.

Do you offer the children choices in your setting by getting their input on menu's activities/planning etc. Try and say why giving them choices promotes their rights.

Hope this helps . Good luck x
    You make 'em, I amuse 'em.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

done via a class once month booked via ncma, tutor never given number to call for help if needed (we have had different tutor for each unit too) for whatever reason.

i cant start with A as that is worse one for me lol
    im bloomin useles may as well give up tbh x
    you are entitled to support hon if you are paying for a course. contact the people you booked the course through and ask how to contact the tutor for support.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

D
    [COLOR="Red"]isnt this about asking the children what they would like to do , where to go, encouraging them to tell you things[/COLOR]
    C
    Explain why it is important to promote children's rights in the home-based settingit is important because if they say park and you say beach they will feel like there opinion doesnt count?

is it this sort of thing?
    One life live it

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

this may sound daft but have you tried putting the question into google? there may be others doing the course that have asked the questions, thats what i did for my cypw course there is also a forum called silkysteps and you may find answers on there
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx