Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice on NVQ L3 CCLD

I've been speaking to the local college tutor about the above, and the course involves one session at college on an evening and 2 hours work at home. I didn't think this sounded like as much work as I expected, so i wondered from thos of you actually doing the course, how long you would say you spend each week on it? I want to do something to learn but son't have a lot of time to do it!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean the Level 3 Diploma Young People's Workforce?

I don't think they do the L3 CCLD anymore it has been replaced by the above.

I do one Sat a month 10-4pm and we are expected to do a min of 4-5 hours a week in order to do our assignments and the Maths and English practice papers. I think most of us are finding it takes a bit longer. Maybe we will get quicker as the course goes on.

Then there are 4 visits by your tutor to assess you while you work and visits by your assessor. I had a Tutor visit today I have written about it. on another thread.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...highlight=CYPW
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 14-06-2011 at 04:33 PM.

jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Do you mean the Level 3 Diploma Young People's Workforce?

I don't think they do the L3 CCLD anymore it has been replaced by the above.

I do one Sat a month 10-4pm and we are expected to do a min of 4-5 hours a week in order to do our assignments and the Maths and English practice papers. I think most of us are finding it takes a bit longer. Maybe we will get quicker as the course goes on.

Then there are 4 visits by your tutor to assess you while you work and visits by your assessor. I had a Tutor visit today I have written about it. on another thread.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...highlight=CYPW
    It is the NVQ3 CCLD, two local colleges are still running it in September2011.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acorns View Post
    It is the NVQ3 CCLD, two local colleges are still running it in September2011.
    Interesting we were told it had been replaced totally by the CYPW. I wonder why these colleges need to run the old courses and not offer the new ones that started last Sept?

jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our college is running both. Probably because one course doesn't suit everybody & they have realised this.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Interesting we were told it had been replaced totally by the CYPW. I wonder why these colleges need to run the old courses and not offer the new ones that started last Sept?
    They are still running the nvq3 here but I chose to do CYPW instead x

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clio0602 View Post
    They are still running the nvq3 here but I chose to do CYPW instead x
    The CYPW replaced the old CCLD NVQ in Sept 2010. The new award(CYPW) will give you credits on the ULN database which you can build on with additional courses up to a higher level award. The CCLD will not give you any credits but IS still a valid qual for those who have completed it!!!
    If you have a choice of awards to complete then the CYPW is definatly the better award to enrol on now.. The CCLD should only be available to those who are already working on this award?!
    The CYPW diploma is equivalent to the old level three and the CYPW certificate is equivalent to the old NVQ CCLD level two.
    I hope this is helpful. Jx