Registered Childminder since
    jan 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Jan2000
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 yr break

hi, i have had a 2 yr break from minding and have done a bit of nannying. i am now thinking of coming back to childminding as there is more flexibility. am i right in thinking that childminders will now have to be qualified to a certain level by a certain date? any input will be helpful.
    thank you
    izzy x

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2 yr break

i had to complete my ICP within 6 months of registering though its changed this year so the best people to talk to is your local council pre registration team, unless someone else can give you more up to date advice

good luck
    What a crock!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need your introduction to childminding course and your Paediatric first aid...

For older children you need to be qualified in the Common Core which is explained here -

http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/common-core

There is currently a general requirement for all early years workers to be qualified to level 3 by 2012 (I think, the date keeps changing) but your local people will be able to talk to you more fully about courses available.

Good luck with everything!

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I am in the same boat!

I have had a 2 yr break and have to do the course on line!

It's a trial in our area and we are the first to do it. Also you have to have a level 2 in maths and english now and this is to be done through learndirect. Not use if that is for everywhere though.

It costs £100.00 which includes everything for you to be set up but if you duck out then you have to pay an extra £95.00. It includes first aid, ncma membership and one years ins, pre reg course on line, safeguarding & children's behaviour workshops, home-based study book, support from ncma, tools of the trade ie contracts and stuff in box, fire blanket.

It's a pain that I have to do it all again but then I suppose it's my fault giving up my registration 2 years ago!!

Anyway hope this helps and good luck