Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with New Diploma

Hi guys - I am about to start task 1 on the assignment and am after some advice. It states to produce and information sheet outlining the current legislation for home based childcare and the role of the regulatory bodies. The regulatory bodies Im ok on its the legislation Im stuck on - I assume this is the every child matters / EYFS and child protection / childrens act but there are so many legislation with regards to notifiable diseases etc that it would take pages and pages to outline them all..... Anyone completed this or had any pointers from their tutors on what MUST be included ?
    Thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with New Diploma

Look in your CYPOP 5 Unit... they have a hole list in there covering most of them.

Let me know when you get to the task about the business plan... I'm drowing in that one!

july 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i started to, today, was going to do some tonight, but im watching the soaps. Will do better tomorrow.xx LOL

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Have u got the home based childacre for childminders and nannies book by sheila riddall leech ? That should help you out !!

july 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Children and young peoples workforce. Diploma level 3 by Penny Tassoni. Book. Its great. xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone on task 5 yet... how much are you covering... seems way too much to put on one leaflet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muckypups View Post
    Hi guys - I am about to start task 1 on the assignment and am after some advice. It states to produce and information sheet outlining the current legislation for home based childcare and the role of the regulatory bodies. The regulatory bodies Im ok on its the legislation Im stuck on - I assume this is the every child matters / EYFS and child protection / childrens act but there are so many legislation with regards to notifiable diseases etc that it would take pages and pages to outline them all..... Anyone completed this or had any pointers from their tutors on what MUST be included ?
    Thanks
    Hi
    If you mean task 1 on CYP Core 3.3 Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people. Task1, point 1: Current legislations, guidelines etc etc. If thats the one u are talking about then just thought id let you know i wrote up on the following:
    Every Child Matters
    Chilcare Act 2004
    Childrens Act 1989
    2002 Education Act
    United Nations Conventions on the Rights of Children
    E-Safety 2004
    EYFS Statutory Framework
    Also added a write up of a serious case review - i chose Baby P report.

Hope this is of help?
    My tutor said id done everything needed (and more) for this 1st point so would have thought if you added the above that should be enough...
    X

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chick I submitted it last night !! ******. Fingers crossed hey !!

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1 View Post
    Hi
    If you mean task 1 on CYP Core 3.3 Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people. Task1, point 1: Current legislations, guidelines etc etc. If thats the one u are talking about then just thought id let you know i wrote up on the following:
    Every Child Matters
    Chilcare Act 2004
    Childrens Act 1989
    2002 Education Act
    United Nations Conventions on the Rights of Children
    E-Safety 2004
    EYFS Statutory Framework
    Also added a write up of a serious case review - i chose Baby P report.

Hope this is of help?
    My tutor said id done everything needed (and more) for this 1st point so would have thought if you added the above that should be enough...
    X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a3human View Post
    Anyone on task 5 yet... how much are you covering... seems way too much to put on one leaflet...
    Hi I agree I have just read through what is required for task 5 not sure where to start, I thought a leaflet....... way to much info required

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Task 4 business plan

does anyone have some advise, help to offer with task 4 the business plan? Never done a business plan in my life and not sure where to start. Found a good example on the net, safed the link and now eveything was changed and the link doens't work and I do not seem to find it again.
    Help please!!
    I also have atsk 5,6 and 7 left and doing my head in!!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

All of them seem to do my head in!
    I skipped the business plan for now as it's just a nightmare having to guess! I can understand this being needed for grants and stuff... but gee.... it's a waste of time for me now! lol!

I skipped the ones I struggled with.. and now need to face them!
    Task 5 - What size will this leaflet be, because I recon It's pretty huge! lol
    Task 7 - About to try this one now... could they fit any more things in that one sentence??

Any pointers for these... or references?
    I'm fed up!!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Have just signed up so am new to all this; I have struggled too with the tasks and left 5 & 7 right until the end!! I am still unclear on task 5, seems like far too much info for a leaflet.........am starting to panic as they all have to be submitted by Monday!

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I am doin this aswell and am on task 4. Have just listed what money I have available. SO for me £250.00 to start which will pay for extra toys required for under 18mnths, multicultural toys/resources, changing mat, non latex gloves for nappy changes and things lke that. I already have buggy and travel cot, highchair. also I put down cost of advertising and ink and paper!!

I must admit they seem to want so much info on these questions it is making my brain hurt as I am also in the middle of my level 2 on Learndirect!!

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi when we do a task do you acutally submit it live and do you have to put a covering sheet with it! I am a little confused as I have just saved them without submitting them yet. What does everyone else do?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I have saved all of mine in word, am going submit them all at once.......tonight hopefully! They have driven me mad and taken ages to complete

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number53 View Post
    Hi, I have saved all of mine in word, am going submit them all at once.......tonight hopefully! They have driven me mad and taken ages to complete

So any tips for task 5 then ?? ha ha - was your leaflet brief or long ?

05/10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I've started on SHC31

My training provider is unfortunately not very helpful
    Tutor support is not very good

so what do i do now? bought the CYPW by Penni Tassoni and not sure where else i can get resources from????

can anyone help...links, books, literature???

Thank you

Sandra

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy task 1

hi everyone...i have been to the 1st class of the childminding ..been given the 1st task and am really starting to think this is going to be too hard for me...there was such a lot to take in ..it went in 1 ear and out the other ...everytime i look at the homework i get a headache ...need some help please ...its the legislations...which ones do i put in a leaflet ..do i go into detail with them and do i just say what ofsted do and there phone number or something........hhheeelllpp

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Only just started this and i am in a panic already.

How much do you write for each task??

I only on task 1 and in a panic as i dont know how to word it.

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would reccommend you get the book Home Based Childcare for childminders and nannies by Sheila Riddall-Leech it really supports the new level 3 unit CYPOP5

Allie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast