accreditation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: accreditation

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default accreditation

I know theres posts about this but I havent got time to search at the mo Can anyone please tell me how long this takes as parent now wants the 15 hrs free from Jan I have level 3 and outstanding grade so someone told me it shouldnt be a problem. Any help would be appreciated thanks x

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: accreditation

Its different in each area,

My area you need to have your nvq 3 and at least a good in your ofsted inspection. Then you need to be a network childminder then you can become accreditited.

Im in the process at the moment and i started in August with my FCCERS and have one more assesment in 12 Dec (watching me do certain activities with the children at childminding group) ready for my funding in Jan.

I wasnt on the network so i had to do this first and got told that normally you have to be a network childminder for 6 months before you can start your accreditation.

So i have rushed everything through in 4 months.

But like i said every areas different i would phone your CMDO.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for that I am already on the Newtwork round here, what other things do you have to do xx

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you have a FFCERS to become a network childminer? if you did then you need level 3s to be a networker but level 4s to be accredited.

i had 3 training sessions i had to attend, and then given an assignment:
    you have to
    List assesable resources and rotational ones.
    Do an indepth weekly and daily plan
    Then write about a child in your cares fasinations/interests
    Then link all the different activites you are gong to do into the 6 areas or the Eyfs i.e CLL.

Then the CMDO needs to witness certain activites/procdures to show that you are covering everything you need to be in the FCCERS.

Im not very good at explaining things hope this helps.

Pipsqueak Guest

i think you are going to have to speak to your network co-ordinator. Not every network is a fully approved CCF network and that is what it has to be.
    I am unsure of the 'normal' process as we went for CCF recognition and a host of other things at the same time.

With us you have to go through the assessment process (network ccf criteria) which I think can take a couple of months. We then have to have a meeting with the EY Advisory teachers, do a contract with the council so we can get paid etc.

Post Thanks / Like

ooh ok thanks for all your help doesnt look like it will be for January does itxx I have rung my Network co ordinator and she is going to come and see me this week hopefullyxxx

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

In our area it has to be a network that is itself a quality assured accredited network. Your network co-ordinator will be able to tell you if your network is the same, we had to be assessed that we were good enough to become accredited ourselves, network co-ordinator did this, a bit like mini inspections but informal. We have to attend 18hrs per year training and have to have a visit from the NCO every 6-8 weeks.
    Details of children who are eligible for funding have to be filled in on a form supplied by your local county in my case Staffs and the funding is paid directly into your bank account. It is paid in stages throughout the term. The only real difference in statutory requirements is that we have to be fully aware of the new safeguarding requirements, all other paperwork is the same.
    All areas are different and it seems that all pay differently to, it is only for term time. In our area if a child goes to the school nursery then the school gets the funding and it cannot be split between different carers, but a child can split the funding between say pre-school for 5hrs and the childminder 10hrs per week for example.
    Sorry to have gone on so long, but every area is different.
    Teacake2

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    ooh ok thanks for all your help doesnt look like it will be for January does itxx I have rung my Network co ordinator and she is going to come and see me this week hopefullyxxx
    good luck

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for everyones help. Parent just collected child and Ive tried to explain what is to happen and that it might not happen for January, She wasnt best pleased! She said whats the point of them sending me a letter (which she received Thursday) telling me I can get it if I use a Registered Childminder if theres so much parafanially spx to go through. xx Will keep you posted xx

Post Thanks / Like

I looked into it during the summer at a parent wanted to use her free hours with me rather than nursery, but by the time I managed to get on the Network and then get on a course for the accreditation it was going to be Feb/March 2011 and lo starts school next Sept so didn't seem worth while going thro it all for 3 or 4 months!!!