E100 TMA 04 HELP
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile E100 TMA 04 HELP

hi there everyone,

im currently in the process of writing up my last tma for E100 course... thank god.. i have to submit my tma in this thursday - AND I HAVNT EVEN STARTED!! just so confused as how to start it - what to include..

for those who have done the E100 course ... could you please help me out in what to write in the TMA 04

Part 1 (1000 words)
    Write an analytical account of key elements of one child’s learning and development – over a period of at least one week – in ONE of the following areas of learning:

1)communication and language
    2) language and literacy
    3) mathematical development, including problem-solving, reasoning and numeracy
    4) knowledge and understanding of the world
    5) personal, social and emotional development, including wellbeing.

Part 2 (1500 words)
    Through a second analytical account, show how your planning and organisation
    of the learning environment promote opportunities for learning, and illustrate
    this with evidence relating to the child featured in Part 1.

i want to know, what people have choosen for part 1.. im thinking in going with the third one.. theres alot to write about in the mathematical development area.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

lisa
    xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E100 TMA 04 HELP

Have you chosen a particular child?

If you have, which of the areas of learning do you have the best observations for? Look at that and then decide - you need an area where you have a lot to talk about. I did PSED in my assignment.

Post Thanks / Like

hi there,

yes i have chose a child and obseserved him for 2 weeks - i have collected evidence in the mathematical development area.

im just not sure how to write up the assignment.

i first wrote the Ethical statement then wrote why i chose the above area (math helps children develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills... )

i dont know how to start it off now..

the notes i got from my tutor says Explain ‘holistic’ nature of learning? and
    Say what your key elements are .. what does this mean?

my mind is so blank

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

explain a little about the child, age, how many days he attends, how long he been with you etc.

State where he is roughly within the development matters tables/eyfs.

explain which area you have chosen and why you have chosen that area - does the child's interests lie within that area or is he particularly strong in that area?

Then you need to analyse your observations. What was he doing? What does the observation show? how is it showing progression etc?

Hope that helps x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if you are looking at maths/problem solving I would consider all your theory reading and note the main points.

Then try to take the points one by one to discuss them, try to use two theorists who agree or disagree on same point and use the relevant bits of your observation to demonstrate what the theory is saying.