Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e124

Registered Childminder since
    aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default e124

i am going to scream i have tried and troed got all these notes but cant seem to get it down on paper it really getting me down tried to contact my tutor she is unavaliable due to beingin HOSPITAL at the min i could sit and cry i just dont need this stress i am ready to throw it in the bin and pack it all in who needs a level 4 qualification

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: e124

What exactrly are you stuck on?

Have you tried the forums run by the OU? or tried getting in touch with the OU to get help from another tutor?

I did mine years ago - if i can help i will.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

just putting everything into words, i have done the reading but its the activities i chose 2 then as i get further i change my mind i have decided on a salt dough activity which we will paint as i have a autisc child who loves playdough but hates having to put everything back he wants to keep what he makes.

i have also chose visiting my allotment to collect eggs and feed the chickens etc we do this daily.

i am stuck on this bit:
    Provide a rationale (statement of reasons) for the learning experience/activity in terms of child/ren’s development and well-being

How it relates to your planning

i hope this makes sense cos it doesnt to me....
    i missed last tutorial as i had date wrong in my ****** diary, got notes but they not helping much

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beccas View Post
    just putting everything into words, i have done the reading but its the activities i chose 2 then as i get further i change my mind i have decided on a salt dough activity which we will paint as i have a autisc child who loves playdough but hates having to put everything back he wants to keep what he makes.

i have also chose visiting my allotment to collect eggs and feed the chickens etc we do this daily.

i am stuck on this bit:
    Provide a rationale (statement of reasons) for the learning experience/activity in terms of child/ren’s development and well-being

How it relates to your planning

i hope this makes sense cos it doesnt to me....
    i missed last tutorial as i had date wrong in my ****** diary, got notes but they not helping much

these sound like fab activities. So if you were talkign to me what would you tell me about why you'd chosen those activities for this child. Explain how the activity will support him in his areas of learning, especially his PSED and then link to him special needs? Then you could say how this links to yours overall long term planning for this child to support his SEN and to your setting planning (Spring/etc). You might want to say how you've allowed for the other children to access the activity/what they'll get out of it.

Write this down in bullet points for now then when you're happy with the order, pad it out into full sentences?

Happy to read over it for you if you like.

Nx

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou for all your help and support i am now doing it i just think i had a case of self doubt.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad we've got you going again!

You know where I am if you need any ECA support

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks sarah you are a one in a million....

hoep i see you at manchester to thank you personally..

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you got some means of recording conversations?
    When I did E124 and had to plan, carry out and then review an activity for what learning was occuring I found that using a dictaphone to record what I said and what the children said really helped me to recall what exactly was going on far easier than trying to make notes at the same time as doing the activity or trying to remember after the event. When I listened to what I said or a child said I was able to picture in my mind exactly what they were doing. The same could be said for videoing an activity if you can.

Have you got a previous observation for which these activities might be the 'next step' on their learning journey? if so you could include photocopies of the observation and an appendix to support your rationale for choosing the activity.

Also if you are struggling to get hold of your tutor (as you said she is in hospital) then contact your regional centre and they should be able to put you in contact with another tutor temporarily.
    In cloud cuckoo land somewhere