Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: BA Interview

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BA Interview

I have applied to 3 different Uni's to do the final year of my degree and I have had my first interview date through today! To say I am petrified after reading the interview instructions is an understatement

We have been given a question for discussion to read up on (which is in relation to the Laming Report) and then it says they will provide further information on the day which we have to read and respond to in relation to the topic. All these ideas have to be formulated in writing on the day.

I am quite lucky with the subject as the module I am studying at the moment is Safeguarding but it is more my ability to discuss it in a group situation that I am not sure about. I am the kind of person that likes to formulate my thoughts before saying anything which usually means everyone has moved on to the next question before I am ready

Oh well if I don't give it a go I will never know will I?

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh all the very best - You are actually quite lucky with your subject I used to lecture on this in a past life - as its very factual there is only so much you can discuss and there is very little opinion involved except whether you feel that the Green paper Every Child Matters has actually stopped this type of abuse happening again - and I do feel its a straight no and there heave been plenty of cases in the news since to prove the fact - also the attempt to have open joint agency discussion is not working due to the freedom of information act because the parent has to give specific permission for everyone involved in the childs care to be free to discuss concerns and to be allowed receive other agencies concerns etc so until that is reviewed NO it wont work - you can discuss pros and cons of that if it raises its ugly head as its very often the little man who has the most contact with the child e.g. the childminder, who really does need to be kept up to date is left out of the loop and who often isn't granted permission to discuss matters in confidence!!!! Take time to look at every report you can find on the subject - believe me I have often thought I had read every horrific aspect of the case and then I find something new and end up feeling even more horrified and ill.

I'm no huge expert and it has been a few years since I looked into it in any great detail but its not something you forget once you have gone into it - so if you have any queries you can always pm me!!
    Celest

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks HS! That's great. I have been researching this subject since Christmas so I do think I have a fairly good knowledge of the subject. It is just the discussing in front of strangers that I am not good at Oh well I suppose at least if I am rubbish I will never have to see them again

Pipsqueak Guest

You will ace it Manjay..

Nevertheless - GOOD LUCK and huggies

xxxx

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Thanks HS! That's great. I have been researching this subject since Christmas so I do think I have a fairly good knowledge of the subject. It is just the discussing in front of strangers that I am not good at Oh well I suppose at least if I am rubbish I will never have to see them again
    You will NOT be rubbish!! I have had discussions with you and heard you in the classroom and you are one clever lady stop putting yourself down!

Now get some rest and get better soon xxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If anyone can do it you can! I have absolute faith in you.

Now go and do it!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hon you will so do it. your marks so far show your ability to read, analyse and put together a clear argument about the info you have.

you will be fabby
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Manjay you won't be rubbish - you will be fab - go for it girl!!!!
    Celest

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant imagine what you will be going through, but just wanted to wish you luck and all the very best
    Helen xXx