Thread: GCSE Maths

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GCSE Maths

Quote Originally Posted by Sally McGeown View Post
    My Maths teacher told me I was THICK Can you imagine him getting away with these days?
    My Maths teacher at school used to throw the blackboard rubber at us if we were misbehaving or hit us with the window opener pole thingy I was once terrified of getting my fractions homework wrong my dad did them for me and only got 2 right anyway.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I failed my maths GCSE 5 times got a C eventually!!! The worse was having a twin brother who was good at maths lost count of how many times I was told your brother could do it. Suppose it was the same for him in history Some teachers have alot to answer for.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Not alot My DD is really struggling in year 9 (what a suprise she must have my genes ) and as Pixie was saying more attention is paid to the ones that can rather than those who can't. I'm trying to find her a private tutor, but she won't have a male teacher and I can't find a female one Maybe when I do she could give me some tutoring In the mean time, I can do my accounts (with a calculator ) and thats all I need to worry about
    Well I feel very proud that I can do my accounts...With a little help from Mr Orksie

Good Luck finding the right Tutor for your DD
    Last edited by ORKSIE; 20-10-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Needed to add more
    Needs to Zumba

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ORKSIE View Post
    Well I feel very proud that I can do my accounts...With a little help from Mr Orksie

Good Luck finding the right Tutor for your DD
    So do I Orksie, I think qualifications can all be a big hype sometimes (especially Maths!) would you ever use what you learn! I managed to qualify and work as an RGN for 15 years and didn't kill anyone with a drug error (well not to my knowledge )

Roseolivia - My L3 has been so different from my NNEB, I did mine in 1980, everything has changed so much. I just hate the way NNVQ's are assessed, most of the time I feel like a child Mind you we have been Guinea pigs, as this is the 1st course our college has been run specifically for CM's and I think a few lessons have been learned.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

So do I Orksie, I think qualifications can all be a big hype sometimes (especially Maths!) would you ever use what you learn! I managed to qualify and work as an RGN for 15 years and didn't kill anyone with a drug error (well not to my knowledge )

Roseolivia - My L3 has been so different from my NNEB, I did mine in 1980, everything has changed so much. I just hate the way NNVQ's are assessed, most of the time I feel like a child Mind you we have been Guinea pigs, as this is the 1st course our college has been run specifically for CM's and I think a few lessons have been learned.
    Sally.... My DD is very good at maths, she didnt get Trigonometry(sp) she said to me . "who cares when am I ever gonna use it" This is very true...but she will have to use it....In the Exam!!
    She will probably never have to use it in her lifetime, but I can see why she thinks its not relevant to her, She wants to be a " Child Phycologist" (SP)
    Last edited by ORKSIE; 20-10-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Adding More
    Needs to Zumba

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123