Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: NVQ Assessor

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile NVQ Assessor

Does anyone know anyone that is a nvq assessor or is in the process of training for the A1. I would appreciate any feedback

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NVQ Assessor

I'm an NVQ assessor but haven't done the A1 only the D32/33

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roseolivia View Post
    I'm an NVQ assessor but haven't done the A1 only the D32/33
    Do you enjoy it. Did you have to pay for the course? Where did you do it? Do you work for a company? Sorry for all the questions just want to know as much as poss to know if that's really what I would like to do

Non childminder member
    trainer
    Post Thanks / Like

i am an assessor. i work for a college i wouldnt touch a private company with a barge pole as they expect you to teach as well and then dont give you enough hours. its more rewarding to assess students who are going to college. you need the a1 but also the qual above the one you need to assess in most good colleges. so if you want to assess level 2 then you need a level 3. pays about 15 an hour and sessional or ft

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also considering doing the A1 assessors course, I have PTLLS and been a tutor for a while now, but I have recently moved to an area where they do NVQ rather than DHC, so I will watch this post with interest.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kushka View Post
    i am an assessor. i work for a college i wouldnt touch a private company with a barge pole as they expect you to teach as well and then dont give you enough hours. its more rewarding to assess students who are going to college. you need the a1 but also the qual above the one you need to assess in most good colleges. so if you want to assess level 2 then you need a level 3. pays about 15 an hour and sessional or ft
    I worked for a private company and it's the best job i had (although company did go bust). I mostly taught than assessed but i absolutly loved it. I enjoyed the teaching more than the assessing. It is hard work as we set up our own lesson plans and when CCLD came into play instead of the old NVQ we had to change everything to fit CCLD but i learnt so much especially my confidence. Hours wise each day i taught i also got a day at home to mark the work (very flkexible) my full time hours were 33hrs week and i finished at 2.30 on Fridays. If i didn't have Rose i'd definatly be doing that rather than minding.

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I teach for NCMA and want to do an assessor award not sure which one? any ideas

Allie

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I teach for NCMA and want to do an assessor award not sure which one? any ideas

Allie
    A1 is the assessor award

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I to have the A1 award and to answer your question it didn't cost anything I did it as an NVQ but you can also do it through a local college - I did enrole on an IV course but I was doing loads at the time and over phased myself with too many different courses.

Its not a difficult course - I used to teach on the course at a college together with other childcare courses.

I worked very closely with the assessors and its swings and roundabouts whether its better to work for a private company or a college - the private company I worked for didn't expect me to teach the subject and one of the colleges I worked at didn't expect the assessors to teach anything either.

I did mine with a training company - from what I can gather there is lots of work out there. There is one national training company called total people and then there are loads of others.

Get in touch with your local early years team they usually have the funding and they have lists of the training people in the area.

I hope this is of some help to get you started
    Celest

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info

Allie

Feb 08