Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childhood Obesity and HENRY Course - REVIEW

This thread was accidentally deleted, it is repeat again for reference:

Childhood Obesity and HENRY Course:
    This course is aimed at those working with young children and also parents.

It's aim is to give an in-depth understanding of the HENRY programme and its promotion of ways in which adopting parenting and lifestyle strategies can help to combat the obesity epidemic amongst young children.

I found it very interesting, especially some of the ideas on how to encourage children to eat healthily, how to provide more suitable meals and snacks and ways to provide a good start for babies at the time of weaning. I have already begun to integrate some of the ideas into my childminding practice.

There were 5 sections to the course and these were quite detailed so I did one at a time, when it suited me, so it took about 5 days to do the course, working about 45 minutes each time. After each section there is a multiple choice test for you to see what you have remembered, this is not part of the final test but is just a way for you to see how you are doing.
    Of course, the best thing with these on-line courses is that you work at your own pace so if you wanted to do it all in one go there is nothing to stop you. Equally if you want to take months to do it, then that is fine. I love being able to do the course when it suits me and I'm sure that doing it when you WANT to rather than when you HAVE to, makes you far more receptive to learning!

At the end of the course there is a test of mainly multiple choice questions. You need to get 60% to pass, but if you fail you can re-visit the course content and do a refresher before taking the test again and again until you pass.

On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate

Find out more about the course here - Childhood Obesity and HENRY

Works on both PC and Apple Macintosh/OSX
    Last edited by Pauline; 10-01-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: correcting link
    Pauline x