Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVQ help

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NVQ help

OKay I'm normally really good and don't ask on here, but it had been talked about else where recently so thought

OKay then question is

Why reflection on pratice is important and evaluation of peronal effectiveness is important

To be a reflective practitioner I need to be aware of my own limitations and gaps in my knowledge as well as my strengths and qualities. Being a reflective practitioner will help me become more efficient with my work, by increasing my knowledge, understanding and skills.

so what else can I add

thanks honeys

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NVQ help

Hi Emma
    Think i wrote in mine more or less the same but in different words, such as

.reflection helps me build on what i do successfully
    . helps me become more confident and assertive
    .beneficial as always something new to learn about

Probably not much help to you and mine has just gone in to be marked so you can guarantee something I've missed, words and writing not my strongest quality, many time when I've wondered why i started it in the first place, but sure I'll get there in the end. How are you finding it, what level are you doing if you don't mind me asking.

Helen

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry I'm doing NVQ3 CCLd

I'm finding it hard TBH, but I am near the end now (or so she tells me before surprise with another assessment )

I'm finding time the worse thing!! working, then sorting out own children, looking on here then realise what time it is , so I know it's my own fault really but, as hubby is away Mon-Fri it can get very hard work and last week I let everythign get on top of me and I just broke down

Sorry hehe, nuff about my personal life

Thanks for your answer, good to see I am on the same wave length, it's nice to see what other people put as doing this from home only, no visits to college ect, she comes here (to my house!!)

what are you doing?? same one? How r u getting on?

Post Thanks / Like

I've pm'd you Emma

Sorry been out this morning

Miffy xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    I'm finding time the worse thing!! working, then sorting out own children, looking on here then realise what time it is , so I know it's my own fault really but, as hubby is away Mon-Fri it can get very hard work and last week I let everythign get on top of me and I just broke down
    We are always here if you need us Emma

Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    sorry I'm doing NVQ3 CCLd

I'm finding it hard TBH, but I am near the end now (or so she tells me before surprise with another assessment )

I'm finding time the worse thing!! working, then sorting out own children, looking on here then realise what time it is , so I know it's my own fault really but, as hubby is away Mon-Fri it can get very hard work and last week I let everything get on top of me and I just broke down

Sorry hehe, nuff about my personal life

Thanks for your answer, good to see I am on the same wave length, it's nice to see what other people put as doing this from home only, no visits to college ect, she comes here (to my house!!)

what are you doing?? same one? How r u getting on?
    Yes same one, but by the sounds a totally different format, i have to go college every Monday, only had 2 home obs and been doing it since last April. I'm not finding it easy, i do ok when assessor come but like you say its the writing stuff. The thing i struggled on the most is unit 303, mostly observation/child study and linking to theories, it took months before that finally sunk in. My tutor is really keen on Theorist such as Piaget and the likes, and seems to think you have to know about all these to get through this course.
    Some of the girls on the course have sent there portfolio in complete to be marked, am really pleased for them, but makes me feel useless.

Plus my personal life sounds different than yours as my ds is 15 and can take care of himself, no excuses about coming on forum instead of getting home work done though (ha ha)

Its good to talk to some one who understands what I'm are going through, even if it is waffling, so thanks for listening

Helen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I find personal reflection really important as it helps me to focus on what I have achieved as well as what I need to do next.

I always write down the new things I implement, the new ideas I have for the business, the wish list stuff I actually achieve, so that when I look at the previous few months it gives me an overview of how far I have come and I can give myself a pat on the back - very important in this business as no one is going to do that for me.

Then I look to the future and try to think about where I want to be over the next few months. Without this, I would not have any aims and objectives to carry me through and might feel a bit rudderless, especially as we can be so isolated in this job.

I use the objectives of the Every Child Matters Agenda to follow my aims and goals... I think about how I keep children healthy and how I can keep them healthier etc.

All big companies have an ethos of personal development - just because I am here on my own without a big HR department behind me doesn't mean I can't be as professional as possible.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I've pm'd you Emma

Sorry been out this morning

Miffy xx
    thanks honeyxx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    We are always here if you need us Emma

thanks honey

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    Yes same one, but by the sounds a totally different format, i have to go college every Monday, only had 2 home obs and been doing it since last April. I'm not finding it easy, i do ok when assessor come but like you say its the writing stuff. The thing i struggled on the most is unit 303, mostly observation/child study and linking to theories, it took months before that finally sunk in. My tutor is really keen on Theorist such as Piaget and the likes, and seems to think you have to know about all these to get through this course.
    Some of the girls on the course have sent there portfolio in complete to be marked, am really pleased for them, but makes me feel useless.

Plus my personal life sounds different than yours as my ds is 15 and can take care of himself, no excuses about coming on forum instead of getting home work done though (ha ha)

Its good to talk to some one who understands what I'm are going through, even if it is waffling, so thanks for listening

Helen x
    mine doesn't seem to have clue , she came back after I had if IV and asked for some signtures (only thing required) and when we looked through it was hers missing , i'm finsihing off 304 303 then should be done, my obs one seems to be a bit on going . I wish I went out to college sometimes, but then I get loads done by home obs to

ask away yourself, feel free to pm me I may (haha) know some answers somewhere in my head hehe

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    I find personal reflection really important as it helps me to focus on what I have achieved as well as what I need to do next.

I always write down the new things I implement, the new ideas I have for the business, the wish list stuff I actually achieve, so that when I look at the previous few months it gives me an overview of how far I have come and I can give myself a pat on the back - very important in this business as no one is going to do that for me.

Then I look to the future and try to think about where I want to be over the next few months. Without this, I would not have any aims and objectives to carry me through and might feel a bit rudderless, especially as we can be so isolated in this job.

I use the objectives of the Every Child Matters Agenda to follow my aims and goals... I think about how I keep children healthy and how I can keep them healthier etc.

All big companies have an ethos of personal development - just because I am here on my own without a big HR department behind me doesn't mean I can't be as professional as possible.
    just when I thought I had this one finished some top ideas on there Sarah thankyou

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Emma that will be good, will let you know Mon night when get portfolio back
    Hope your feeling better yourself

Helen

dec2005
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning girlies!!!

I had my first yep first study day for the ccldnvq3 and btech yesterday and to be honest it was just going straight over my head to begin with, and i just thought OMG what have i started!
    But after 2 rebulls and some food.... i got into it thank god and it all started to fall in place (sort of)

I was the only childminder in the group every one else was working ina nursery. A couple turned their noses up at the fact i wasnt in a nursery when i said abit about my self.

so ... i said hi my name is louisa i am a registered childminder.....which to be honest is like running your own nursery on a smaller scale so really i should be saying im a a manager Lol! Not only do i look after and support children in my care, i do all the planning, policys, procedure, advertising form filling,accounts,self assesments,day courses which is a hell lot more work than just planingas a nursery nurse.
    And that shut them up!!!! Just show ya though how people are still thinking "oh a babby sitter with a posh name!!"

Any ways.... im doing study day 3 whichis unit 307 all about the development and health.
    I have a fantastic tutor which tries to get as much of the unit done or at least started in the lesson so you dont get sent home not having a clue. She is really nice and sooo positive about the whole course which is great. Gld i dont have a moody old battle axe who couldnt give a toss if you passed or not!!! that would have been my worse night mare1!!!!

well im here to help also, if i can. I just went and bout the nvq3 ccld by miranda walker and the ccld btech book by sandy green which are both fab books to support you.
    Dont worry!! Be Happy!!
    Louisa

Post Thanks / Like

Well done you for putting them in their place Louisa

I think as a childminder you have the advantage over the nursery staff because when your assessor comes out you can decide what you are going to do so that you can get lots of boxes ticked during the observation - people working in nurseries can't always do that

Good luck with the course. I finished mine last year and it was worth doing (even if it drove me mad at times). Having a good assessor makes all the difference

Miffy xx

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning Louisa, well done taking the plunge and starting your course
    You'll soon get into the swing of things. And you probably be able show the nursery people how its done.
    I chose unit 307 for an option as well which was a good choice cus you can cross reference to unit 302.
    Good luck, but sure you dont need it and keep us posted how you're getting on.

Helen

Pipsqueak Guest

I have been pointedly trying to ignore this thread as my NVQ has been sitting on the side of my desk staring and calling me for ooohh, a couple of weeks (and the rest), I just need to tweak 303/4/5 and I have two more units after that to do.

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vik3000 View Post
    I have been pointedly trying to ignore this thread as my NVQ has been sitting on the side of my desk staring and calling me for ooohh, a couple of weeks (and the rest), I just need to tweak 303/4/5 and I have two more units after that to do.

Go on Vik, you can do it, just step away from the pc, pick up your portfolio and a pen, or then again theres always tommorrow

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    Go on Vik, you can do it, just step away from the pc, pick up your portfolio and a pen, or then again theres always tommorrow
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be so many different ways to do your NVQ3, I had an induction visit from my personal assessor last week and was surprised I didn't have to attend an evening class and that she would come once a month to see me in my setting. A bit sad as even my study is isolated like my job thank goodness I have all of you to bounce ideas and thoughts off

I have "homework" for my next visit but the thing I'm finding a little testing is that I have to decide which modules I would like to do from the choice sections. A little difficult as I only have the titles of them not the full course notes. Don't get them until next session but I have to have made my decision by then Crazy

Anyone got any suggestions?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What are the choices Anne? Been a while since I did mine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast